Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

Any chance for an avsim conference in Europe?

Guest gasebah

I would really love to be at that conference, but if I fly to another continent to visit a flightsim conference I am pretty sure my wife will split up.Any chance to see something like that in Europe one day??Alex

Hi Alex,you will be happy to know that we are discussing exactly that issue in the next few weeks ;-)Meanwhile, AVSIM does have a presence at one of Europe's biggest flightsim events twice a year, the FS Weekend in Amsterdam. We hope to be there again in October... more news to follow :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest gasebah

Great, great,u will keep us updated, will ya?Alex

Guest Miro Majcen

It usually goes on twice a year, end of April and October, but the Aviodome museum is moving to a new and bigger facility and so is the exhibition. As Francois already mentioned, we're working on some Avsim event to be held in Europe also. It would help us , europeans, get there faster :)) As for travelling to another continent, well I'll be flying 14hrs to San Francisco from Ljubljana and then some more on the road to Tahoe, but it will be a lot of fun and well worth the trip.

Yup, I'll stick to my English ;-) It is AT the airport actually, only 10 minutes walk from the main building.But as Miro said, there are plans to move it over to Lelystad airport, where it would be a much bigger site. The plans are to turn it into an aviation theme park ! :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

I just now received an email from the FS Weekend organizers, announcing that this falls event will be held in the Aviodome on October 5 and 6. The 'theme' of the even will be "Aviation History Revives With Flight Simulators".We'll make an official announcment oo, of course and will keep everybody posted..... :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest UweR

Ich habe das Thema ebenfalls mal kurz angeschnitten (sehr diplomatisch, wie ich fand), aber schnell wieder fallen lassen :-) Bei einer Convention in der N