Sign in to follow this  
oal331

FsBus --> Displays delay

Hi,yesterday i finally tested in my new PC and Fs2004, my rotary encoders with redec and Fskey to control the aircraft's autopilot.So with success i managed to handle the heading and with no delay in sending keypresses. There was no lag in Fs2004's responce.But, the delay was in 7-segment display. When i was turning the redec too fast for increase/decrease a value (i.e the Heading) the display was changing the numbers (heading values) for some moments after i had stop to turn the encoder. Some times the lag was about 1-2 secs. I have setup in FsBus that the rotary switch will also send the info in FsBusDisplay.Any ideas?Eddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

I think this is a delay issue in FSBUS router software that Dirk is aware of. Whatever input that spins fast does get "lagged" a bit (happens for example with my VOR obs rotation quite clearly - I have 36 detent ALPS rotaries that do a lot of envents fast. FSBUS doesnt lose them but it takes a moment to relay all of them to fsuipc.Tuomas

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

I think Eddie is not talking about the update to FSUIPC. That is done every x msec that you have set up FSBUS.I think he's talking about updating the own FSBUS destinations.Like for example, you set up an encoder to change a display and nothing else. No FS destination.George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Sorry about it, let me re-post it as clear i can!When i have only an fsbus destination, (no fs) the display change values as fast i can turn the rotary.But, when i add an Fs destination (heading), the display has a big lag even with no too fast turns. Im slow ones, it's ok!Eddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

One thing to try is the fsbus preferences setting for polling frequency.Oh, and another dummy check: I have noticed one needs to start FS first, then FSBUS router, and if one restarts the sim, it looks like FSBUS router needs a restart too, it tends to get "stuck" if the sim dies and restarts under its feet.Tuomas