Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dylan

FreeFD Flaps Indicator

Guest Dylan

Hi all,i have a question about Flaps indicator in FreeFD EICAS:How must I do to make the EICAS flaps indicator to show the correct extensions for every FS aircraft?I tried to change some parameters in aircraft.cfg of many FS2004 aircrafts but the EICAS indicator never match the real flaps FS data.Is it possible it to work?Thanks in advance for helpFabrizio

Fabrizio:>>How must I do to make the EICAS flaps indicator to show the correct >>extensions for every FS aircraft? I tried to change some parameters >>in aircraft.cfg of many FS2004 aircrafts but the EICAS indicator >>never match the real flaps FS data.Here's a quote from the FSUIPC SDK....[i}"0BE0 - 4 - Flaps position indicator (left). Note that in FS2002 and FS2004 this gives the correct proportional amount, with 16383=full deflection. It doesn

OK, that's weird - where did the quote go?Here's what I meant to post from the FSUIPC SDK0BE0 - 4 - Flaps position indicator (left). Note that in FS2002 and FS2004 this gives the correct proportional amount, with 16383=full deflection. It doesn

Guest Dylan

Hi Richard and thanks fpr reply,but i don't understand where must I try to change the parameters.In FreeFD eicas.ini there is nothing about flaps, settings, the flaps settings in aircraft.cfg seems not affect freefd eicas display.Must i modify the aircraft .air file? I looked at it, there are some parameters like flaps poisitions (integer number), flaps drag, flaps cycle time, flaps lift, flaps pitch effect, but i don't know where to change.Thanks in advance for answerFabrizio

In the AIR file there is an entry for max flaps angle. That value divided by the number of flap positions gives the angle at each flap detente. The value that can be extracted from MSFS will be 16383 divided by that value.Example.... Max flaps angle is 30', flaps position is 4. Flaps detentes are thus at 0', 10', 20' and 30', The value in MSFS will be 0 for 0 flaps, 4096 for 10', 8192 for 20', etc.Now, in the real plane, the flap detente settings may not be equally spaced out - but they always are in MSFS. Thus the background image of the flaps lever may show 8', 15', 30' rather than 10-20-30, but that's purely a graphical representation to match the real world plane - if you move the lever to the first position, it'll "show" 8', but if you read the value from MSFS, it's 10'.Now, whether you can adjust that background in FreeFD I don't know. You can also disregard the detente positions entirely and write an exact value back to the flaps position offset. Richard