Sign in to follow this  
Guest ATCguy

Getting my throttle quad working

Guest ATCguy

Last year I created throttles/spoiler/flaps controls for use in FS2002. I now have FS9 and apparently, FSUIPC is no longer free. How do I go about assigning axis for flaps and spoilers? Can I do this within FS9? Do I need FSUIPC? Thanks,Roger

If Windows is seeing the joystick that controls those axes then you can assign them directly from the MSFS assignments menu.Richard

Maybe register your copy?For the efforts of Pete Dowson, the price for FSUIPC, and what it makes possible, it is a small price.Tuomas

Guest ATCguy

Sounds like I need FSUIPC. That was all I needed to know. I was not trying to start a debate on whether or not FSUIPC should cost money.Roger

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

True, and there are two ways of looking at it...If you use a lot of third-party hardware or software, or are building your own sim, you need to be able to use the added functionality of FSUIPC, so you may as well buy it. Compared to what hardware and software costs for him simming, it's extremely cheap (and some might say a rip-off, but they know nothing ;) ).If you only use it for running Squawkbox and a couple of addon software for MSFS at a desktop, there's no real point in buying it.Cut short, if you do a lot of interfacing with the sim you buy it. If you don't, you don't need to buy it, although it would be nice to Peter Dowson if you did, but it's your choice :)

>>Cut short, if you do a lot of interfacing with the sim you buy it. >>If you don't, you don't need to buy it, although it would be nice >>to Peter Dowson if you did, but it's your choice I posted words to that effect over on the FlightDeckSoftware forum.... and now my login there is inactive... "Please contact an administrator for details" :-)Richard