Sign in to follow this  
rickalty

Eicas for twin turboprops

Well, I finally got it working, and will upload it to the library this evening.I ran into a couple of issues that may come up when someone out there runs it.The main one is Prop RPM - Supposedly in MSFS a Scaler is applied to the N1 value to get the prop RPM. In many cases though, the downloadable turboprops have been based on jet engined aircraft, where the value for N1 is far higher, so the author has applied a "fiddle factor" to the result of N1 x Scaler to get a reasonable value for prop RPM. Depending on how individual authors did that, the Prop RPM may not always match the value displayed in a VC. The other issue is prop feathering and prop sync. Not all the turboprops I downloaded supported that at all - even in some that had a working autoarm switch on the panel, it was purely graphical and didn't actually change the "autofeather on" flag in MSFS.Anyway, here's a screenshot.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/61268.jpgRichard

Guest SHORT360

Great work, Richard, indeed. I had a little dream.... and you make it real.Thanks a lotRoger

Guest SHORT360

Richard,I send you some mails without any replies.Kind regardsRoger

I haven't had anything from you since before I posted it - I've sent you an email off-board.Richard

Version 2 is posted..... Adds the ability to move the individual panel components around at runtime to match your panel cutouts, and there's also the ablity to adjust max Prop RPM to address the scaler issue for non-standard modelsRichard

Guest the_knack

Most Excellent Richard. Wish I had your talent!Danny

Guest SHORT360

Many thanks Richard. Excellent job. Cheers,Roger

Guest SHORT360

Hi Richard,I finally could get an older 15" monitor I put on my Laptop. I have an excellent picture at 800x600 resolutions and 24 bits. Unfortunately, I have a connection problem with my server.Wide client ( latest version 6.22) seems to work fine. But I get following message. FS not running on server or wrong FSUIPC.I also have the lastest FSUIPC version (payware) version 3.201 running on the server.What could be the issue ??Thanks in advanceRoger

Guest SHORT360

Hi Richard,As like a miracle after several attempts, the eicas fired up. Changed nothing in my settings, just closed and restarted and so on.But I have two parameters which are not wotking well. The Prop RPM shows from 123 to 198 / At Idle low RPM the default FS gauges shows 1200 RPM and at full RPM 1800. Ich changed the setting to 1800 but without any results.Second parameters are the True Air Temp. I get a 15