Sign in to follow this  
Guest High Octane

WideFS/FSUIPC

Guest High Octane

Guys, Details:PC1(Server)-- EPIC USB, FS2002, FSUIPC V3 and up (external view)PC2-(Client) FreeFDPC3--(Client) FreeFDPC4--(Client) Free FDPC5--(Client) FreeFDNow question here: Ubfortunately-- I have not install WideFS... Now question here... Somehow, somewhere.. or Probablly is confused...I was told that If I could ask Peter Dowson for free register key, he would give one. If so, then what should I ask him? if not, then it sure is suck! = )Let me know

To run FreeFD on the clients you have two choices. 1) You can install WideFS, which will cost you E23 if you live in the EU or E20 if you don't. For a six computer network that's about E5 or US$6 per client computer. 2) If that's too much, the same people who do FDS have written a freeware alternative called FDConnect / FDWideConnect. As per their web site though it's not "fully functional" yet - it works but there are bugs. Richard

Guest mmorrell

If you can afford it, pay Peter... you'll get much expanded capabilities that will serve you well down the road. Just my 2 cents. At $20 its a hell of a bargin.

Guest High Octane

FDConnect/FDWideConnect? never heard of it. What's the web address? Couldn't find it on FDS or search pages. As matter of fact, I'd go for WideClient/WideFS soon . But wanting to Download FDConnect just for temp "a freeware connection via clients" to take a observation on FreeFD rather keeping it or getting PM type.

Guest High Octane

Thanks Buddy! much appreciated.