Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoRrEkE

www.CockpitDimensions.be.tf

Guest PoRrEkE

Little question:How usefull is it that I continue with this ?What changes would you guys like ?Is this the way to make it easy ? Cuz I've been thinking a lot how I can provide with limited space the bigest number of dimensions.B767 page got a link but isn't there yet.I'm planing on adding per plane also second and even 3rd gif with other dimensions like the throttle quad e.g.But is this info like it is now too general ? Does it need panel per panel dimensions ? Or is this a good start for most ?

Guest mbessler

What might be interesting is a "rating" on how close the numbers come to the real thing. Maybe something like "Dimension A has been confirmed by measurements from the original aircraft"... something along that lines.Regards,Manuel

Guest PoRrEkE

Oh well ... the dimensions given will not be more than 2 cm off.So I think that if I give you a cockpit witch is 2cm higher than an other one .. you won't tell the difference, I'm sure.I'm not a mm freak. Ok, 4 cm off is a bit much, but 1 .. 1.5 on the big numbers (ceiling-ground etc) isn't a big deal I think ...Ow and the F50 dimensions are 100% correct. Those I got from a panel CAD file from Stork Fokker so .. can't be wrong.

Guest mbessler

> Oh well ... the dimensions given will not be more than 2 cm off.so how do you know that it is less than 2cm off if you've never measured the real cockpit ?And then, 2cm off of the whole width of the MIP might be ok, but if each piece on the panel can be +/- 2cm, that makes a difference.For B744 dims, you can use the stuff from my site:http://cockpit.varxec.de/plans/> Ow and the F50 dimensions are 100% correct. Those I got from a panel > CAD file from Stork Fokker so .. can't be wrong.Well, thats nice :-)But I don't think Boeing will give out that info :(Manuel

Guest PoRrEkE

I got some news for you ;)If you check the gif file on my site, you would see that in the top left corner there is marked the source for this info and dimensions.The one from the a320 is from a website loaded with pictures with guys holding "roller measure tool" >> (whatever the english name for that is .. i have no idea).So I'm very sure that 2cm off is not the case for all dimensions.Max off is 1, 0.5cmMany thanks for the link.Now I'll have a320, b767, b777, F50 and b747 :)