Sign in to follow this  
oal331

I Need Help for FsBus & Project Magenta merge

Hi,i finally made my custom EFIS and MCP hardware devices and yesterday night i testes with FsBus. Everything was working fine with FsBus Ver 2.0.2 and all the switches, leds, displays and rotary encoders had a communication with FsBus.The problem was with the PM's offsets.Some of them are missing (like Terrain in EFIS, QNH value change) and some others are not these i need for rotaries.As i said i use FsBus ver 2.0.2 as it works almost fine with rotary encoders when they are in rotary switch 2 mode. So i can control the default FS2004 AP and turn right or left the speed or heading, altitude etc. But.... the problem is with PM offsets where i can't find these offsets but only some other offstes for Speed+ and another for Speed-, like 2 seperate switches. But i need only one offset, i don't use a keybaord encoder like Hangstrom to have 2 different values for one rotary! I need one offset like std Fs offsets and change the values in this when turning right the rotary to decrease and left to increase.I'm doing something wrong, or there are somewhere these values and it is my mistake that i didn't saw them? Do i have to use switches instead rotaries in Fsbus for controlling PM's MCP? So what i have to do after redec. Take the 4 outputs from redec and use them as 2 different switches?Finally, if any friend here, has merge the FsBus with PM's Boeing, please send me a copy of *.fb2 file, or any new offsets in Fsif.ini file to have them as refference for make my setup also.thanksEddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Guest petdocvmd

Hi Eddie,I'm not too familiar with how one programs FSBUS but I do a lot of programming against PM.EFIS Terrain is in Offset &H04F4. Send 80 for ON, 81 for OFF, 82 to TOGGLE...add 100 for FO...there is more listed online on PM site.QNH change is in Offset &H5418: bit 18 is QNH- and bit 19 is QNH+.The PM offsets are what they are. They are not really a 'problem' - you just have to use different methods of interacting with them depending upon the offset.For example, my app reads the Word at 5418 and ORs bit 11 with 1 (2^11 OR Data) to set that bit and increment the speed one unit. This occurs everytime my app reads a toggle on the port driven by clockwise rotation of a rotary input assigned to Speed setting.Again, I don't know how one assigns stuff in FSBUS so I can't help with how to accomplish this with that interface - I can only tell you it is not a limitation of PM.Regards,ScottIntegrated Flight Systemswww.iflightsystems.com>The problem was with the PM's offsets.>Some of them are missing (like Terrain in EFIS, QNH value>change) and some others are not these i need for rotaries.>>But.... the problem is with PM offsets where i can't find>these offsets but only some other offstes for Speed+ and>another for Speed-, like 2 seperate switches. But i need only>one offset, i don't use a keybaord encoder like Hangstrom to>have 2 different values for one rotary! I need one offset like>std Fs offsets and change the values in this when turning>right the rotary to decrease and left to increase.>