Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ceawlin BSX029

FSBus COM transistors

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Hello all, here's a question for those who know more about electronics than I do :DOn the FSBus COM board there are three transistors. As far as I can make out on the circuit diagram, the emitter leg goes to earth. On the PCB, however, the collector goes to earth instead. Either I have the transistor the wrong way round or there's something wrong with my interpretation of the schematics!Help! Which way round do they go??

Guest Ramsberg

Hmm, can it be because of the mirrored pcb printout?I think its mirrored to be flipped when exposing through the pcb layout printed on a transparent film. This is to get the printout side closest to the board to minimize shadows and blur arounde the edges of the exposed wiring./ Olle

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Bah, the great thing about this forum is finding out where you went wrong :)Turns out I had over-reversed my printout, board was back-to-front :(Oh well, at least boards are cheap!