Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dylan

FSBUS led don't work

Guest Dylan

Hi all,I just finished to build a part of my FSBUS hardware (the COM and the LED controller).I flashed it with no problem, if i read back the PIC it's all correct but if i go to test the board, the leds don't work.I set the same flashing ID in the test of the router of course, expecting the led lighting ( i only use one led with random feature test) but nothing happens.I changed the jumpers in both the boards in normal position and checked for shorts, all ok.Can anyone help me please?Thanks in advanceDylan

>I set the same flashing ID in the test of the router of>course, expecting the led lighting ( i only use one led with>random feature test) but nothing happens.What are you mean? Which numbers of CID has the LED ? As the input devices (key and analog) must be fro CID 1 to 7 then all the other output devices (display, led) must be from 8-31. Number 0 is not used.So after flashing re-read the PIC to see if it is programmed. If yes you will see many different values. Then re-set all the jumpers both in LED and COM back to normal position.Open the LED test, choose the right CID number and do not use the random method, but select the correct one, where your led is connected. The correct numbers you can find from the PCB schematic where Dirk writes the numbers of rows. Take care also about the polarity. Leds don't work if you connect them wrong!!I hope to work and enjoy it:-)Eddie ArmaosAthens - Greece

Guest Dylan

Hi Eddie,I just finished to build the key controller and it works perfectly, but the led controller no.I alwais can flash it but then leds don't turn on.Can i connect only one led or must i connect all 32?It seems like input signals are ok (from FSBUS to PC) cause the key controller is ok, but the output ones( from PC to FSBUS) not.I changed the cable connectors, made another key PCB, changed CID higher than 8, checked the led cathode to the transistor output,but nothing: the led is alwais off.I tested in two different PC. The first with winXP, flashing and key working, and the second with win98, flashing not working but key already flashed working. Leds never of course.Any idea?Thanks in advanceDylan

Guest Dylan

correction:...i made another LED PCB....

i don't know how else i can help you. You have to find the problem. Try to measure the power after input and follow the routes.One more... In this linke Makkila has some photos from his pcbs, maybe you will see there something you have done wrong in yours.When you will find the problem, just make a post here to let other people know what they have to take care!!!regards Eddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Guest Dylan

It's really so strange:i normally use the 2.0.8.1 router version.I tried to install the 1.3 version and after flashing the pic, the led is alwais on, no matter what i do later, test, ecc...It seems like the 2 led firmware are different in each router version exactly at the opposit, alwais off, alwais on, but not working for me.I really can't understand.Any idea?ThanksDylan