Sign in to follow this  
Guest B742FAN

3rd outside view

Guest B742FAN

Hi all. I figure this is a good place to ask this question since you guys are the pro's. I recently upgraded my computer enough to be able to show two outside views on 21" monitors out of the dual-head ATI 9700 pro. I love it and get very smooth 20 fps on vatsim. I usually set up the front view as a 2d cockpit/front view and my left monitor as a VC view out the left-front window. The effect is satisfying enough.My question is about adding a third monitor with outside views. My understanding is that I would need another computer for this using WideView. Is it possible to get a decent outside view with a PCI card? What type of system is not going to impact my framerates on the main machine with wideview?Thanks for your time. __Josh

you can put another video card into the same computer to get more views, but the frame rate will go down. You could put a small PCI card in and have that do just the panel, cos it's 2D, and have the two good monitors on the dual head ATI each so 45' of dead ahead.Richard