Sign in to follow this  
Guest MattOlieman

Live Video of Our Project and Chat

Guest MattOlieman

I've thought of this for a while and asked myself.. "Why Not!" and couldn't come up with an answer:) Here it is:I set up a Chat room with Video capability at PALTALK, In the group: Sports and HobbiesAnd the room name is: Flight Sim - Home Flightdeck BuildersI've set up a live camera of my FlightDeck (can't use the other name...Co..pit, cause computers find it offensive), and invite anyone else to do the same. Anyone can watch our progress of our projects, maybe even watch us fly our sim. The opportunity is there. Please keep in mind, at least my project, is not a 24 hour a day operation. So Don't expect a lot of action.It's free, the only thing is, the video is a snapshot of the first frame. If you pay the subscription fee, you'll have continues video capability. No charge for chatting in the rooms.This is by no means to replace this wonderful and educational forum. But an additional method of sharing our hobby.If it works.... That'll be GREAT! if not... then we've tried. Up to you.

Guest captain777

Matt...sounds interesting. Can you post a link/url for people to jump to?thanks

Guest MattOlieman

Duhhhhhhhhhhhh...... most important.... Thanks for being so kind to bring that to my attention.http://www.paltalk.com/PalTalkSite/Sign up and download the PalTalk program and your set, then go to the above Group and Room.Someone always has to be in the room to keep it active. Since right now I'm the only one and if I loose my connection, the room will close. Obviously I don't sit in from of my computer all day to check it, so I hope in the future we'll have enough people to share the Admin codes with.BTW. You can also do voice communication in the room. Lots of potential here.

Guest MattOlieman

Just an update.My user name @ PALTALK is Matt_O, so if you see my name & Video in the room and don't respond... your right, I'm not available, or just not there. For right now, or until others become interested in setting up live video, I just leave the video on to keep the room open.I've had several people leave messages when I,m not there. Thanks for letting me know you've been there. For those of you who visit and have not left a MSG, next time, please leave a MSG. This let's me know you've been there and how of you are interested.

Guest mmorrell

Great idea.... everyone can watch me walk around in endless circles around my simulator, looking that damn screwdriver that I JUST HAD!!!! :)

Guest MattOlieman

Hey Mitch.... I stopped opening the room, cuase lack of interest..... Sorry to disappoint you, I know we all wanted to watch you wander around scratching your head:)

Guest mmorrell

Oh well... would have been cool. Check out my post on the new gauges I got for my sim... pretty cool stuff :)PS: You ARE going to Denver, aren't you? I am, but I think Donna is going to skip this one.