Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

The Wilco A320...

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest A386

Dreamfleet,stay out of Airbus threads, nobody care's about you anymore.

Guest Toni Rauch

OUCH!!!Where's that coming from? Toni.

This is exactly the kind of comments we do not need in a reasonable discussion and exchange of opinions !Next time you get my RED CARD and you are out of the AVSIM forums, Sir !________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Hmmmm....interesting conversation going on in here.Seems like I have heard this all before, on many different forums, on many different products. Same song, different tune. I for 1, enjoy seeing the beta shots, even if they are not very pretty. I work around aircraft all day, many of them Airbus (Type A319 and A320) and yes, the released picture does not look like a real airbus looks. But thats ok. I like to see how things develop, and it can give someone an idea of how close things are to being released. I am not a developer, so I cannot know how hard it is to create these products, but I can appreciate the time and effort spent to create them. I own several payware aircraft packages...(Flight1 C421, DF 737-400,DF Archer! PSS Airbus Pro). I have not ever flown most of these aircraft for real (All I fly in the real world is the PA-28 Warrior), so in most cases, I have no right to bash them for flight dynamics and such. Visual models, well in some cases that might be important, but when you are flying the aircraft, what do you need to see? The panel is the most important...but thats besides the point.I have rambled on a bit here, and maybe I havent made a whole lot of sense, but it boils down to this. The payware and freeware developers seem to work very hard to provide US (The flight sim consumer/community) with new and sometimes very exciting addons. And it seems for all thier hard work, all they get is grief from the rest of the community. I think it is generally time to cut these people some slack, and basically give them the respect they deserve...or at least show some common courtesy. And there are 2 ways about this, either download it, or don't, pay for it, or don't. Simple, no problems, no fuss, no nothing. No one is forcing you to add anything to your FS program. Brian A. NeumanWoodbury, MN

>No developer is perfect, whether freeware or commercial, and >every developer is owed the common courtesy of having their >product judged AFTER it is released. Only that the problem with your DF 737 was that the CD-Version (FS2000) unfortunately was obviously the beta-version (judging from the severe bugs it was suffering from - bugs, which made it impossible to fly with the plane without crashing whenever the autopilot was engaged! Not very funny, especially as it took you a very long time to release the final update (which cured MOST of its problems)!>>There are real people working their tails off on that Wilco >Airbus. You can be certain that they are doing the best that >is practical for them to do. They are, afterall, and >contrary to what some may think, talented individuals who >mean well, are trying hard, and have ZERO "contempt" for >anyone. Not sure if YOU have always ZERO contempt for your customers!>Considering how small the market is for commercial FS >add-ons, they are certainly not doing this Airbus for the >money. ??? I can

Guest Toni Rauch

FrancoisMe, or "A386"?Toni.

Hear, hear!You, and many others on this and other threads, aren

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Arghh, but Lou was a sweetheart and gave a "free" update CD, God bless him. How awfull I am to forget this in my post.This will probably get this post locked but..If there is anybody responsable for freeware dissapearing (?) look no further than St. Lo

>If there is anybody responsable for freeware dissapearing >(?) look no further than St. Lo That's okay George...........My preference in simulated aircraft has been almost exclusively payware these days anyway!L.Adamson

>and >speak up when it really counts. To speak up when it really counts ?I think the time for it may be exactly NOW.At least now the A320 development is not that advanced so a slight adjustment may still perhaps be made. One may "speak up" 6 months down the road but then it may be too late and will not count.Unless of course I totally missed what speaking when it counts means...Michael J.

>Great ! >>What have you bought ? >Too many....................... how about yourself?L.Adamson