Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

The Wilco A320...

>Slow down you lot. There is a fine line between bashing and >offering an opinion.Bashing got to be the most overused (and abused) word here.If A loves (product,shots, etc) B but you don't and you express your opinion then according to A you are "bashing".Michael J.

Michael,it means giving a 'judgement' on a finished product, not on something that is obviously in a development stage where we 'consumers' can only GUESS at what they are really making or what has already been done or planned as to improvements of what we see.Asking questions is another matter.... we could ask Wilco... is this really what you will publish????? But voicing strong opinions about something we really do not know too much about is counter productive and not very helpful.My opinion of course. :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Hello everyone,I was not aware of such a long discussion, but I'll try to give Wilco's views on the general remarks we are reading here.As placed on all the screenshots you find in our website about the A320, we are stating "Work in progress". Which simply means that it is not finished yet.As some people understand, it is a new technology that we have been developing. Allowing a full 3D use of the cockpit. Tests must prove along the way that we can garantee an easy use of the panel and have the plane behave exactly as it should.At this stage we are pretty satisfied with the results we have had and we are moving fast to try and complete it.Final graphic and texturing, will be finalised in the final stage. Our objective being not to have a only nice aircraft with a promising technology, but mainly ensuring to deliver an aircraft and systems responding like a a real A320.Using 3D Cockpit:Please note that a 3D cockpit will have various colours according to exterior lights. It is generated by FS.About the variations of the blue colour I invite you to have a look at the follwing pictures : http://www.airliners.net/open.file/260532/L/http://www.airliners.net/open.file/267216/L/http://www.airliners.net/open.file/244867/L/We will continue posting new screens (and a video as well in the making) to show the progress of the work.Finally , Thanks Lou and Francois for your support in this thread! Please let me know if I can getyou some more information.Michael RenousWilco PublishingFor the answer to Lou's quizz, we are based in Belgium ;-)))

One or two, including St. Lou's 737, panels great, plane...Well I wouldnt want to be rude. Any others I build myself nowadays.I was also given the World Air sim, Ariane thing for my birthday but my grandchildren took it back as it did not work and was an out and out lie. Result, threats from Tishma ect ect, damm near scared the hell out of me. :-lolGeorge

Bonjour Micheal, With the greatest of respect, please read the first message in this thread, contary to popular belief, I do appreciate what you are striving to achieve and do understand the "term work in progress", however to say "it's a nice plane". Visually in it's present state it's not. Are there plans to correct some of the statements made here in this thread ?Thank you for entering this discussion and offering to answer peoples concerns.LoveGeorge

George,Obviously there are plans to improve, and all comments on the first screenshots are interesting; even though we know what is still left to finalize it.However it has to be reminded that we have built a quite complex airplane with hundreds of systems connected together and all available within this new 3D environment. It is obviously where most of the work (speaking in days and nights of work) has been carried out up to now.Hoping it answers the questionsMichael RenousWilco Publishing

Thank you Michael your words are appreciated by many.Get your act together in the support section and perhaps one day I will become a customer once again.Finally ,there was one thing...in St. Lou's quiz, had me scratching my head in wonder for two days, were in Belguim are you ?Regards, good luckGeorge

I have the Dreamfleet ArcherII, Flight1 Cessna 421, FSD Cheyenne, and PSS Airbus. No time to build my own models because I need to get the full size plane (RV6A) completed before I have "great grand children"! :) It's been much too long a project as it is. Five grandchildren already and one more on the way. L.Adamson

Phew ! I bet Christmas is expensive in your household !Cessna 421, FSD Cheyenne have been put in the hanger, 421 slaughters my frame rate, Cheyenne, great panel I cant decide on the plane. PIC 767 in combination with posky 76 is parked. I have a leaning towords scenery these days and have all Gary summons UK collections (followed his progress from freeware days) and the very nice German airports, Flight 1 have a great deal on these at the moment. I'm very fond of David Maltby's old Brits series, modelled very well indeed, the Trident is a joy coupled with Spey sounds. David I rate highly and improves with every release.Good luck with RV, perhaps you can post a few pics of her.George

If this A320 is what Wilco says it is, it will be the best add-on for FS. However, to avoid most of this pre-release critisism is to make it more known of the issues, such as in the exterior pic, they could say in a caption, "this picture is just the basis for the A320, the engines and gear will be resized". If I had not heard that there was a notice on the site saying that the pics were of an early beta, I would not have known, as the notice is at the very bottom of the page. If a repainter releases a preview of a plane, and points out that there is a texture backwards and it will get fixed, the public acknowledges it and compliments the painter. However if a payware company shows pictures of a model and claim to be "to do even more for virtual pilots of the popular single-aisle jetliner", and "meticulously detailed panel" and show unfinished or flawed work, then its only a matter of time before the public brings in its oppinions. Just my point of view.Paul Felz

>it means giving a 'judgement' on a finished product, not on >something that is obviously in a development stage where we >'consumers' can only GUESS There is a fine boundary between judgement and opinion. If I were Wilco I would certainly like to hear what the public thinks since this is where $$ will be coming from. Yes, we can only GUESS - but if Wilco published those pics maybe this is exactly what they want us to do - guess.If what is being debated is the amount of "sugar-coating" to make the message more palatable to Wilco (example: Dear Wilco, we know you are the best and you try very hard but why are the screenshots so poor ?) then I have no problem with it. Perhaps it should be a rule-of-thumb the more criticism you want to get across the more sugar-coating should make up for it - basic savoir vivre.Our local church decided to install stained glass windows. They hired an artist to do a design. Then when the day came to display the drawings the artist did something very smart - taking advantage of the fact that no one really knew him he mingled among parishoners and listened to what they had to say. Needless to say there was little sugar-coating in what he heard - and he had to redo the design. ;-)IMHO.Michael J.