Sign in to follow this  
Guest luckas

FSBUS COM wiring

Guest luckas

Apologies if this has already been discussed:I'm confused about the wiring of the com connector - or more accurately - I'm not sure which pins are which on the 10 pin plug located on the PCB. I can see from the circuit diagram that I need 2, 3, 4 and 8 connected to a 9 pol female, but I can't determine which these correspond to on the 10 pin male pcb plug.Any help much appreciated,Paul

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

I had this problem when I used ribbon cable to connect to the PC. What I did was remove one strand of cable so I had 9 strands, split that into 5 strand and 4 strand up to 2 inches from one end, split them individually about half an inch again, and moved them both across WITHOUT TWISTING so that they overlapped. This went into the 9-pin plug without any problems, and remember that apart from the 9-pin end, NOTHING gets crossed or twisted.In brief, wires went like this:1-6-2-7-3-8-4-9-5Cable still goes 1-9 at the other end. Just remember that Pins go 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 etc etc, no crossovers.Hope this helps

Guest luckas

Sorry Ceawlin - I'm still confused.I can read and understand the com plug's numbering (primarily as they actually come numbered), but I don't know how the 10 pin plug on the actual PCB is numbered. If I orient the board such that the 10 pin output is on the top right hand side, what are the pin numbers starting from top left ?Thanks,Paul

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Ah, knew I forgot something!2 - 14 - 36 - 58 - 710-9Does the whole thing make sense now? :)

Guest luckas

Almost. Are we looking down at the connector from the top of the board (ie, component side up) or are we looking at the bottom of the PCB. If I'm right we're looking at the bottom of the PCB. Right ?Paul

Guest luckas

thanks - very much appreciated.Paul