Sign in to follow this  
rickalty

Using an OOPic

Has anyone here ever used an OOPic? I was reading an introduction to programming one over a coffee up at Barnes and Nible, and it seemed to me to have some very interesting possibilities in cockpit building.Anyone got any experience with one ?Richard

Guest the_knack

Richard,I'd like to second that question and add the Basic Stamp & Basic X. I have all three and it sure would be nice to use then in the sim. BTW, what software are you using to drive your LCD radio panel in the previous post? The more I think about that, the more I like it.Thanks,Danny

Oh, and if anyone's interested, I have three 2 x 24 Non-backlit LCD's I don't need. I paid $6 each for them by buying five.Richard

Guest the_knack

Richard,Thanks for the link. I noticed that is't for parallel port interface and was wondering if you know if it can be used with serial LCD's? I have two of them laying around but no parallel's. I was thinking that sometime in the past someone was doing it but I'm old and my brain makes up things to confuse me!Later my friend,Danny

It should be even easier if you have serial ready LCD's. I used the FSLCD program because you can buy LCD's with just a Hitachi 41780 controller (is that right # ??) for just a few bucks, but assemblies with a serial interface already on are a lot more expensive.Richard

Guest the_knack

They are more expensive but I had these from another project and I'd like to use them We'll see if we have any nibbles about the OOPic. I hope someone has some ideas for those.Danny