Sign in to follow this  
Guest KillerWhale65

3 screens on 1 AGP card

Guest KillerWhale65

hello everyone.I have an AGP card GF4 Ti4200 with 128Mb ram. This card has two connections for 2 monitors. Now when i create a new view (view > new view > cockpit) i get a little window on my main screen with the new view. When i then undock that litlle window, move it to the second screen, and enlarge it to fullscreen, my fps suddenly drops from about 40 to about 2 (two!). What am i doing wrong here?tia,Matt

Guest Stephan Haas

Matt,If the second view is also a 3d view you'll see this kind of drop in frame rates. There's also the issue of primary and secondary monitor/view.Just try the same with some panel view and see what happens then.Kind regards,Stephan Haaswww.lemont.nl/b767flightdeckhttp://www.pic767flyingclub.com/images/sas544.jpg

Guest KillerWhale65

ok i got the point. But how do i make it 2D? What do u mean by "Just try the same with some panel view "?tia,Matt

I have a GF4Ti4200 card as well. I mostly use my second monitor for gauges and FSNav. Flying the PMDG 737, I undock my PFD and FMC, then drag them to the second monitor. When I want to check something on FSNav, I just hit the F9 key to display it over my gauges and then hit it again to show my gauges again.I tried once to use a TV on the s-video out, but was using an old TV and RCA cables. The resolution was awful.I'll have to have a go at different views on the second monitor to see if I can get anything for frame rates.ChuckCYXU

Well, I tried it last night. Had FS9 running with cockpit view on the main monitor with Active Sky 2004, opened up a spot plane view, undocked and moved it the second monitor. Before I streched it to full size of the monitor, I was getting about 21 to 24.5 fps(locked at 25 fps). Once I took it to full screen size, my fps dropped to about 12 to 15.Was an interesting experiment, but I'm spoiled now using the second monitor for gauges and FSNav. What I am planning for my next computer is to install a second video card, PCI, so that I can run three monitors.Have Fun,ChuckCYXU

Guest KillerWhale65

hmmm i still dont get it why my fps drops to 2 and with u and antoher person only to 12 :-(

Guest Stephan Haas

Really depends on what window you are moving to a second monitor. Moving the primary view of Flightsim will cause severe drop in framrate. Opening two 3D views (outside, spot or virtual cockpit) can cause the same problem. Use the secon monitor only for undocked (parts of) panels.Kind regards,Stephan Haaswww.lemont.nl/b767flightdeckhttp://www.pic767flyingclub.com/images/sas544.jpg