Sign in to follow this  
Guest luckas

Trying to set PM MCP A/T toggle in FPUIC

Guest luckas

Hello,I have a key mapped to turn on (and off) the Project Magenta's Boeing MCP Auto Throttle. (T, as it turns out). Now, in FPUIC I can assign a key to turn it on (PM MCP A/T On) or off (PM MCP A/T off), but not to 'toggle' it on or off by pressing the same key.I'm obviously missing something. Help appreciated.Paul

Guest Salbado

I think that if you are using a 'momentary switch' you use the "T" to toggle. If you have an "ON-OFF" switch the you can assign the pm-on and pm-off to each of those seperately...

Guest luckas

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that FPUIC has a pm-on and a pm-off for pm A/T. I can't assign both to the same key - so I can get the A/T to switch on, but not off ! The A/T switch on a typical MCP is a toggle switch, not a momentary, so using an 'on release' parameter doesn't work either.I can't believe this hasn't been an issue for others !?Again - thanks for your reply,Paul

I don't understand why you say the "On Release" option won't work with a toggle switch - that's exactly what it's meant for. You flick the switch to on and it sends "A/T On", you flick it to off, it sends "A/T Off"Richard

Guest luckas

Forget about the toggle switch for a second. In FPUIPC 'keys' option, I map the letter "T" on my QWERTY keyboard to PM MCP A/T on. Using your suggestion (ie, setting up a release option) if I press and hold "T" on my keyboard, the PM MCP A/T switches on. If I release the letter "T" on my keyboard it goes off. I want it to stay on when I take my finger off the key and when I press the key again I want it to go off.I can't see how to do this in FPUIPC keys.Am I making sense ?

Oh, OK, sorry, I thought you meant you were going to actually have a toggle switch on your pit to do it. For using a keyboard or other momentary switch you'll need to use two seperate keys, one mapped to on and one to off I'm afraid.Richard

Guest luckas

Well, I am actually going to use a toggle switch, but the way I am doing it is by using Beta Innovation's Gamma Ray / Keyboard Studio combination, in which I have mapped a toggle switch to the letter T. Now, I go into FPUIPC keys, and am trying to get this letter T (or toggle switch - whichever you prefer) to 'toggle' PM MPC A/T on or off each time it is pressed (or switched).Maybe I need to assign two letters (one for on and one for off) in Keyboard studio ?Or is there a better way ?Thanks Richard,Paul

I also use one of Leo's cards, and that's what I did. I've assigned, say, 't' to the "On press 1" and "SHIFT + t" to the "On Release 1" commands of inputs to which I have connected toggle switches, such as the light switches. Then I use FSUIPC's keys tab to assign "t" to "Taxi Lights on" and "SHIFT + t" to "Taxi Lights Off".Richard

Guest luckas

Hmmm... it's not working for me (ie "T" and "Shift+T" method). For some reason I have to flip the switch up and down to get it to turn on and then up and down again to get it to turn off. In FPUIPC keys, when I flick the switch in set mode it reports "Shift+T".Any thoughts ?

Strange, if you have "t" in "On press 1" and "Shift + t" in "On Release 1", then flipping it on should send "T", and flipping it off should send "Shift + T".Try just going into Notepad and seeing what types when you turn the switch on and off

Guest LeoL

Are you sure you entered SHIFT-T under "on release"? There are 16 slots for 'on press' and you might have entered it in slot 16 by mistake perhaps instead of slot 17 'on release'.What do you see in notepad when you toggle the switch to on and then back to off? If it seems fine in notepad, then I would use CTRL-T instead and avoid any capslock issues related to SHIFT in this case.BTW - did you figure out the gear 'G' issue?If you can't figure it out, go ahead and send my your KSC file and I'll take a look see.-Leo

Guest luckas

Okay - it's now working (not sure what I was doing wrong before).What's really nice is that the state of the switch is known (ie, whether the toggle is actually up (armed) or down (off). What's also nice is that it runs equally as predictably (although a little slower) with the MCP running on a networked computer - eventhough it is plugged into the primary (FS9) computer's USB port.I guess the only down side, is that if the PM MCP window is the active window, then the mapping doesn't work (ie, PM's mapping has "T" as a toggle, not just an "on").Still, I guess one has to consolidate things sooner or later - ie, decide which computer is going have what plugged into it etc.Thanks for you help Richard. Now all I need are rotaries and displays - eeek !I've spent the past couple of weeks playing around with FSBUS (ie, making up a coupld of circuit boards). I started to wonder what I'd gotten myself into when Leo's board arrived. There's alot to be said for someone else doing all the electro-software stuff !Again - thanks,Paul

Guest luckas

I recreated the KSC file and the "G" issue went away. Thanks Leo. How about getting onto your next module :-)

The downside to keyboard emulation type hardware is that, generally speaking, a keyboard input goes only to the active window. In other words, if you have an add-ons window open, an MSFS hardware control won't work. The new version of FSUIPC/WideFS though, lets you attach the input boards to a client computer, which may be the way to go with that.Richard