Sign in to follow this  
Guest pdieguez

FSBus

Guest pdieguez

Hello guysMaybe this has been asked a lot around here, butHow does exactly FSBus works, compared to EPIC?? I know that in the EPIC system you have to write your own program to make all of those switches work... How is that on FSBUS?? How is it expansibility? Can I use really lots and lots of switches by putting lots os module cards together, just like EPIC??Thanks a lotPaulo

Good day,first of all visit and read FsBus's site : wwww.fsbus.deAlmost all your question will be answered there.Second FsBus is a freeware s/w ready to run (with some bugs) and you have to make the PCBs or buy them as products ready to run. Epic is a very expensive solution where you have to make your own software code to make it work. Epic cards are used in any automation solution, like in factories for controlling production mashines via PCs and having reports etc etc. So you can use them also for flightsimulation.Eddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Guest pdieguez

Well, but I still can't find answers regarding its expasiblity... For example, how can I make a hardware created with FSBUS compatible with aircrafts like the PMDG737, PIC767??? How does FSBUS access the FS?Thanks a lotPaulo

Guest MikePowell

Paulo,FSBUS makes use of FSUIPC.DLL as the software interface between the FSBUS router and FS. FSUIPC was designed as an interprocess communciation tool specifically for Microsoft flightsim. It does not interface with other code. If you have a third-party add-on to MSFS, it may or may not work as desired depending upon how the third-party author constructed their code. Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest pdieguez

Ok.. Do you know when its documentation in english is coming out?ThanksPaulo

Guest yoss

Hi fellowsThis thing bothers me alsowSo please correct me if i am wrongIf fsbus commands can be assighnet to keystrokes and keystrokes combos so they can be tranferred to those third partys addons where keyboard definitions for sertain function existlike in PMDG front panel and PIC 767 at least one way--from fsbus to such addon via fsuipc--the same for the mouse eventsAny comments?Joseph

Guest pdieguez

Ok, thanks!Does FSBUS accept rotary encoders or just rotary switchs???If rotary encoders are accepted, how should I wire them??And when is the english documentation coming out?Thanks a lotPaulo

To use rotary encoders with FSBUS you need to put a decoder between the rotary and the FSBUS input card. This turns the 'grey code' from the rotary into on-off signals dependent on the direction of rotation. There's a card called a Redec that does that, or Leo at Beta Innovations redesigned the one for his cards so that it will also work with a matricx scan card like FSBUS.Richard

Guest pdieguez

Where can I get more information about this card?? Also, is it worth putting on this card to work with rotary encoders or rotary switches with a mod to run smoother should do fine??Thanks a lotPaulo

If you go to Leo's site at www.betainnovations.com and follow the links to hardware... USB Bus.... Addons, there's an email link at the bottom to order them if you want. They're $7.00 each including shipping, and each one can decode three rotary encoders.The only problem with using a rotary switch instead of a rotary encoder is that you ned one input for each position - so, for example, a six-position switch needs six inputs, and only has six positions per rotation, whereas a rotary might have 24 positions per turn, but still only use two inputs.Richard

Guest LeoL

>If you go to Leo's site at www.betainnovations.com and follow>the links to hardware... USB Bus.... Addons, there's an email>link at the bottom to order them if you want....is this like an Easter egg hunt? :-hahGo to Hardware->Add-Ons->Rotary Decoders->Bottom of Page, there you'll find the Easter egg (i.e. link to email for those decoders).Note that the schematics on that page are not up to date. I'll update them asap.-Leo

By the way, to anyone else who's interested, the board maker just emailed me - he is shipping the completed / flashed decoders in the next two days, so they should be going out to those who've asked for them very shortly.Richard

Guest pdieguez

And how do you interface that with FSBUS?Thanks a lotPaulo

Each output from the decoder goes to an input on FSBUS, and it appears to FSBUS as a momentary switch. Turning the rotary one way looks to FSBUS like you're rapidly pressing and releasing a button (or toggling a switch) on one input, turning it the other way looks like you're doing the same on another.Richard