Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ferdie

New USB IOCard

Guest Ferdie
http://www.opencockpits.com/uploads/images/usb-logo.jpg New USB IOCard is already available. After several months of development, the first of the 2nd generation IOCards is available.It is an USB card, that directly connects to the USB port (no specific drivers are needed). Up to 4 master cards can be connected to this new USB card.In addition to the improvement of speed, this card unloads the PC processor of doing lots of calculations and adds 4 A/D converters that, without consuming neither inputs or outputs, let us to connect 4 analog axles like thorttles, yokes... And all these with no need of different software for parallel or USB connections.This new card can be also used as a parallel->USB converter for Master card.All the information recquired to build this card can be found at http://www.opencockpits.com download area (Gerber files, microcontroller code...). In a few weeks, we will be able to send you by courier the PCB, the assembly kit (PCB + components + programmed microcontroller) or the card completely built and tested. This service is a way of doing things easy to the user and only added values (assembly, tests and delivery) are charged (remember all the information recquired to build this new card is available at download area). Development and engineering are completely free for a non commercial use.http://www.opencockpits.com/images/topics/iocards.gifIOCARD ESPECIFICATIONS:-----------------------------------------------------------Author: <> Manuel V

Guest captain777

I hate to ask...but I have to...What are the strengths and weaknesses of the "IOCard" when compared to "FSBUS"? Anyone have any opinion?

Guest pdieguez

Yeah I really would like to know that too.. How is it integration with FS??Thanks a lotPaulo

Guest mbessler

Ferdi,I take the format of your detailed information as a hint :-)I've included it in my spreadsheet, and updloaded the new version:http://cockpit.varxec.de/electronics/cockp...lectronics.htmlA few things which were not clear:- are the 7segment outputs part of the 256 digital out channels, or are they seperate outputs?- you count the LEDs to the 256 (general) digital outputs, are they independent from the 7segment ones?- are the 7 segment outputs multiplexed ?- what is IOCP?- are the LEDs/7segments dimmable? (do you use one of the MAXim chips?)- are the inputs arranged in a matrix (ie. need diodes) or direct- are all segments of the 7segs controllable individually ? (eg. decimal point, letters)Regards,Manuel

Guest Ferdie

I do not know the FSBUS well enough to make a deep comparation.I can only explain to you how the IOcards work, or even better, I can explain what the IOcard PROYECT is, because it is more important the concept than the tecnology it self. At the end,never the less, one or other card gives a solution to the same problem, in one way or other, and the important thing is that both of them are there facing commercial interest.The IOCards basic idea is defined in three words: simplicity, modularity and accessibility.Simplicity. Because all its circuits have been designed always thinking in the idea "make it simple", because a simple circuit normally is stronger than a complex one. Similar the software is based in the same idea of simplicity: We do not have to program anything, we only deal with ONE strong configuration formula that works for all the circuits.Modularity. because we have tryed to have the electronics in acordance with what each of us need to bild. There are people that only want to built a MCP or a pear of radios. Others want to built a completed cockpit fully detailed. The IOcard will satisfy everybody

Guest Ferdie

>Ferdi,Hi !>>I take the format of your detailed information as a hint :-)>>I've included it in my spreadsheet, and updloaded the new>version:>http://cockpit.varxec.de/electronics/cockp...lectronics.htmlCongratulations for this information.>A few things which were not clear:>- are the 7segment outputs part of the 256 digital out>channels, or are they seperate outputs?No. Display Cards use special BUS of Master Card. Not use Outputs. You can connect 4 Displays cards in Master BUS. Only need select address jumper.>- you count the LEDs to the 256 (general) digital outputs, are>they independent from the 7segment ones?Yes. Leds connect to outputs. Displays use Master BUS. But have a posibility of use connections of a Display Card not used to connect leds. It is software-soported.>- are the 7 segment outputs multiplexed ?IOCards have two Display Cards. A Display card NOT multiplexed, and a second generation card multiplexed. It is transparent to user (hardware & software), only have two differences: multiplexed display card use less cables to connect displays, and you can use special characters (for Airbus especial '-' sign and other specific characters).>- what is IOCP?IOCP is a new protocol over TCP/IP. This protocol is very very fast and give distribution of information trought system cockpit LAN.You can use IOCP and FSUIPC in IOCard software and you can connect IOCP with other programs and simulators (Xplane, ON-737, A-320Canig

Hi,i tryed visit your site, but i get the message :"h4ck3rsBr Group by pitt3r_p4rk3r Meu Linux Nao Abre A Parte Grafica E Seu Site Nao Abre A Page Principal huauhauha"It's down this time?regards Eddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Guest Ferdie

lately opencockpits is objective of some hackers. To some people it does not like that it offers information and technology free.Opencockpits is Up...

Ok now is fixed. Thanks It's hard to believe that there is people hacking sites offering free solutions and ideas. Shame :-grrEddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Guest LeoL

If you search for "pitt3r_p4rk3r" (aka Peter Parker?) you'll see that he has hacked allot of gaming related web sites. IMO, I don't think this was a targeted attack in your case wrt free technology.Glad to see your web site is back up and excellent work on the new USB module.-Leo