Sign in to follow this  
Guest LambisGr

2 potentiometers 100K

Guest LambisGr

HelloKnows someone how can I combine 2 potentiometers 100K together for the same reason in a different position?I want to place one potentiometer in my Steering Tiller and the second potentiometer in my rudder pedals.Both and the Tiller and the Rudder make the same job when the aircraft is in the ground.So the two potentiometers go to the same input in the FlightSim.But I don

Guest captain777

Lambis,I was planning to use a switch to select which control was active. With a double-throw switch, i can select if the input is the tiller or the pedals. I considered trying to connect them...but both options have issues:If you put them in parallel, you get a big impact on the range of the input into FS (FS R) because both Resistors (R1 and R2) affect the final output with the square of their values (FS R = (R1^2+R2^2)^0.5) If you put them in series, you effectively halve the effect of each unit and neither will go to the full range of the input alone. (FS R = R1+R2)Since there is no FS SDK input for tiller versus Pedals...only one answer:...just use a switch. :)HOLD ON...Another idea...you may actually be able to set FSBUS to 'autoswitch' by activating one pot when speeds are below xx knots and activating the other above the xx knots. I am not sure if you can do this via the software, but you can use a relay connected to the FS DO and program it appropriately. You then connect all the pots to the relay and let it do the job!

Guest stevelep

"HOLD ON...Another idea...you may actually be able to set FSBUS to 'autoswitch' by activating one pot when speeds are below xx knots and activating the other above the xx knots. Better a combination of the ground flag=1 (on ground) and the speed (under 40kt f.ex.)I am not sure if you can do this via the software, but you can use a relay connected to the FS DO and program it appropriately. You then connect all the pots to the relay and let it do the job!"In some days new feature of FSBUS will be released:the "CCC" an logical interface where you'll can programm relations between offsets & command.you'll be able to activate a DO control with a combination of 2 or more variables. and so to switch between the 2 systems ...BOB

Guest LambisGr

HiThank you both for the help.Yes the autoswitch is a good idea but with the curecnt version of FSBUS is not possible.Must wait more few days to see if with the version CCC we can do this.I have already the FSBUS DO pcb ,just now wait the new version.Thanks againLambis

One approach is to have them as different devices connected in the PC. I have my CH's Yoke and Pedals and also my old MS Sidewinder.So i have dual control in the same axes (like rudder)Another way to do, is to activate the one or the other from gear lever.The third of course maybe the new FsBus concept we all waiting to see this weekendEddie ArmaosAthens-Greece