Sign in to follow this  
Guest BAW843

Discovery Wings and Home building

Guest BAW843

Hi All,Anybody watch the Dicovery wings (UK) channel last night had a great program on about home flight simming?All the big and well known home cockpit builders were featured, very interesting and enjoyable - not doubt it will be replayed soon!!CheersPHIL

Guest Dodiano

So who appeared on it?? Which one of the guys??Roberto

Guest SHORT360

Just have the impression that I can cancel my project.Who produced and directed it. Would you be so nice and let me know ??Roger

Guest BAW843

Hello again,Peter DowsonMatt FordJames PriceMatt Wietlpachand a few other whose names escape me right now. Well worth a look though!!maybe visit discovery wings website to find further details.CheersPHIL

Guest Dodiano

Yupe the Kings of Home Building basically!! Will check Discovery Wings!!Roberto

Guest mmorrell

Does anyone know the "name" of this show? (such as it is with DWC and show names!). I sure would like to see this - make a welcome break from Flying Boats! I keep DWC on in the room where I am working on my sim and I tell ya, I have half of these shows memorized word-for-word!

Guest captain777

>and I tell ya, I have half of these shows memorized word-for-word! " >"...and THAT'S why so-and-so is...a LEGEND OF AIRPOWER!!" :) :)My wife actually laughs at me because I ACTUALLY believe that I am sitting down to a new show...and just end up getting upset at seeing the same old geezer repeat himself. This is the guy who fought in his single-piston wood-prop plane in every war since Napoleon! (no offense to the geezers online :) )I live near the DWC offices in DC...I should go over and ask them why they can't simply put a show on TWICE a day, instead of 10 times! At least make sure the show matches the Cable Guide!!aaaahhh....the joys of being a niche hobby! :)

Guest mmorrell

True - too funny... And how come there are only 3 people from Pearl Harbor, one guy who saw the Spruce Goose's short flight and one guy who watched his Dad do an aileron roll in a Dash 80 who were "A Witness to History"?:)

Guest MikePowell

Hmmm, If it's not specifically about home built cockpits, is your documentary project still alive, Roger??I hope so!Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest SHORT360

Hi Mike,Yes of course, but I am bit concerned since my producers are discussing, among others broadcasters, with Discovery Wings. The film shown two days ago is mostly focused on the fate of old airliner and among them are the boneyard scrapper calles Simpit builder.But my biggest disappointment about that project was how the some people directly concerned by our cockpits and MSFS have (not) reacted. Some had (I cant cite them here I could be censured) a kind of rare arrogance and contempt I have rarely encounter. I needed the link they have to MS. Some did never reply to my mail. Certain of them are really important personns in that area and today I understood that you first have to feed them and they far do not care for a film about us. But once the film will be made I know what I wont show in it even if it seemed important. Nevetheless I try to stay positive and next month there will be some major meetings about the financing. Cheers,Roger

Guest deltaflight

You guys seem a little confused about this movie. "Scrapping Aircraft Giants " has nothing to do with home cockpit building as cited in the original post in this thread. That movie is called "King of Sims" and was produced by Simon Davies for Discovery Wings. It has only aired in the United Kingdom area to date. Mr. Davies forwarded everyone who contributed a copy and I must say it is impressive.Mike

Guest SHORT360

Hi Mike,I did probably the mistake. But this week there was only " scrapping Aircrafts giants" shown on Discovery Wings UK.I do not find any information about "King of sims".Are you sure???Cheers,Roger

Guest deltaflight

Hi Roger,Yes, very sure unless they decided to rename "King of Sims" which does not make much sense to me. "King of Sims" depicted exactly those folks that the original poster in this thread cited. And although some folks who used real aircraft were documented in the movie, several others like Kevin Saker who did not were also documented. The theme did not center around real aircraft parts. It centered around the hobby itself.Mike

Guest mmorrell

Can't wait to be watching that while I putter around the sim! That's one show I won't mind having on in the background 10 times a day.