Sign in to follow this  
Guest pdieguez

Assembling the FSBUS and questions about PCBs

Guest pdieguez

Hello guysI was checking some PCB prices here and for me, they seem pretty expensive... So I was think about ordering just 1 or 2 of them, the one or two most difficult cards to assembly. However, I've heard somewhere that the FSBUS creator is due to release an update which will include a Stepper motor controller.FSCOM.GIFBut what defines the CIDs?? Is those "sockets" to the right of the MAX232, in which the first is CID1, the 2nd is CID2, the 3rd is CID3 and the 4th, CID4? If so, how should I connect every card avaiable, which are 6, and soon will be 7, with the stepper motor controller?Is Dirk going to release a new schematic of the electronics and PCB? If so, I should wait for the release, so I wouldn't have to order two PCBs, right?? From what I understand so far of the FSBUS, on that first socket I can connect, i.e. a display card, and then I can use a Y cable to connect several display cards. Is that right? Can I do this? Can someone clarify this issue to me, before I go into assembling??Thanks a lot!Paulo

Guest stevelep

the release of the new stepper motor controller is for next week and new programmable interface to make complex logic relations.There 4 identical 10pin sockets there all the same parallele if you see the diagram. FSBUS is a parallele bus along you can connect 30 different module (controllers), 4 inputs (keys/analog) and the rests outputs (LED, Display, Servo, Stepper, Digital Out, ...)the CID number of the module is define by flashing the flashrom of the IC (PIC microcontroller) of the module, this is done once by software and moving some switches. You just flash the first time and after it's ok. (every module with different CID of course)So the place in the socket or along the flatcable have no importanceyou may have a long cable with many 10pin connectors clips along it(like the IDE cable in a PC)The FSBUS COM PCB will not change it's just updates in the software,the shematics of the stepper controller will be release on the website and will be available in some webshop, ready to use or in kit.Summary you can start to buy or built FSBUS COM, KEY, DISPLAY etc ...and wait a little bit for the stepper module.If you're use to electronic, just buy the dry PCB and the parts and sold it together.look here for shema's and part list (text in dutch)http://home.hccnet.nl/r.vries/BOBPS. Just ask if you've other questions

Guest pdieguez

So, you are saying I can't connect like 3 keys controller and 2 analog controller? Or like 4 keys controller and 1 analog controller?Why is that???Also, do you know where I can find some schematics to build a 9v 800mA power supply, or something close to that??And what do you mean by buying a dry PCB and solder everything togehter?? Solder using wires or something else?? I can't say I used to electronics, but I know how to assemble some things as I have done this a few times before...Thanks a lotPaulo

Guest stevelep

CID=0 is reserve for internCID=1,2,3,4 are for Input (or output)CID=5 ... 30 are only for output.so you're limited to 4 KEY (4*64 switch = 256 inputs)or 3 KEY and 1 ANALOGor etc ....That's itBOBI've heard that you can dopple assign CID 1-4 with 1 output and 1 input (ex. 1 KEY CID=2 / 1 LED CID=2 with the same ID)But that's not in the doc of FSBUS ... soAnd you've enough outputs but you can't have more than 256 inputs