Sign in to follow this  
Guest nihad

EL sheets as backlighting

Guest mmorrell

Nihad,Thanks... not to pry, but can you give an idea of how much one can expect to spend to backlight the panels using this stuff? I know that this is basically a stupid question because there are so many different configurations - like my King Air has LOTS of area to backlight. I guess what I am asking is are we talking a couple of hundred, five hundred? From what I saw on their site, it looks like the $178 kit might do it but it's kind of hard to tell.

Guest nihad

Hi Mitch,U will approx. 200$ US for an A3 format sheet with 2 transformers must be some delivery cost added to this amount but that is what I paid.regards,Nihad

Guest DavidJ

Hello Nihad,Congratulations on your excellent result on with the EL sheet backlighting. It look perfect. Is temperature of the foil an issue?Sorry to the international readers for the Dutch text below.Omdat ik ook in Nederland woon zal ik verder in het Nederlands naar je woonplaats vragen en je alvast melden dat er waarschijnlijk in het najaar weer een cockpit bouwers bijeenkomst is georganeseerd door Pepper van simcockpit.nl en misschien nog een zoals vorig jaar van Flight Deck Solutions. Lijkt me leuk om je te ontmoeten op een van deze bijeenkomsten.DavidEHAM

Guest nihad

Hi David I have no problems or havent withnessed no temperature increase.Ik woon in Vlaardingen en werk zelf op Schiphol en zou graag eens een bouwers bijeenkomst bij wonen.De bijeenkomst van Flightdeck Solution ging aan mij voorbij vanwege omstandigheden.Nihad

Guest MattOlieman

Vlaardingen..... hmmmm.... I have some wonderful childhood memories from there..... Beautiful area. I still have some relatives there. It's been many, many years. Although this has nothing to do with Flight Sim Building, it just goes to show how small our world is getting.

Guest nihad

Hi Matt,Pretty cool u actually know Vlaardingen ,me myself born and raised here and have alway's lived in Vlaardingen too.And yeah deff. small world regards,Nihad