Sign in to follow this  
rickalty

Rotary decoders on the way

Guest the_knack

Richard,These are great looking boards. Are you going to be selling these? If so what is the price? I'm not sure where you live but I'm in Virginia USA. If the shipping wouldn't be prohibitive I'd like to try a couple.Thanks my friend,DannyBTW, I'm almost ready to test my FSLCD. Thanks again for pointing me in that direction.

Guest pdieguez

How would that work?? Do you have to interface it with FSBUS or something? How would that be done?? Also, are you selling or offering schematics for this?Thanks a lotPaulo

Paulo:>>How would that work?? >>Do you have to interface it with FSBUS or something?It converts the "grey code" ouput from rotary encoders into a simulated series of keypresses, that can then be read by any input card - FSBUS, Photon, Hagstrom, hacked keyboard, or Leo's Plasma etc line of boards.In other words, a rotary sends AB, AB, AB if it's turned one way, and BA, BA, BA if turned the other - the output from the decoder is A,A,A or B,B,B.>>Also, are you selling or offering schematics for this?This is Leo's design of board. The schematics etc for anyone who wants to make their own are on his site at www.betainnovations.com (look in hardware.. addons)I have had an order of them made up (With Leo's permission of course) because my own skills weren't up to making them as nicely as I wanted. There are still some not spoken for, they're $7 each including US shipping, or $6 each plus overseas shipping. Richard

Guest LeoL

Actually that schematic isn't on my web site yet. I've included it here for now. It contains the source code and precompiled HEX file to program the PIC micro.I haven't tested it on a scan matrix type inputs (because I don't have any) but you won't need to use the switching diodes with this decoder as long as the direction is the same as the internal transistor diode...in theory anyway.http://www.betainnovations.com/hardware/do...pan16f_r200.zipCheers,Leo

Guest ski_1

Leo, are you still planning on a 16 rotary decoder board?Otherwise, I would probably need 5 or 6 of these 3 rotary decoder boards.