Sign in to follow this  
Guest pdieguez

FSBUS Upgrade

Guest pdieguez

Hello fellasWasn't it supposed to be released a few FSBUS upgrades which, if I remember correctly, should include a stepper-motor controller and a Cockpit Construction Center???Does anyone have any info on that??Thanks a lotPaulo

Hi Paulo,Its not long off now.Dirk says it nearly here.Les

Paulo,No need to worry. Dirk Anderseck visited the FS exhibition at Lelystad Airport in The Netherlands which I attended. Dirk showed us the new steppermotor device which looked great.The steppermotor board was placed together with the motor itself which formed a compact package. It was small enough to fit behind the frontplate of a small analogue instrument.It was configured as an V/S indicator. It worked great in microstep mode. The update rate was very good. The data from FSBUS came out of the CCC (cockpit construction center) The user interface of the CCC looked very intuitive though it's hard to explain.Dirk explained that the motorstepper design would not show on the FsBUS site untill the manual had been translated into different languages. That is probably well underway, and it should appear on the website in a few days. He also said he would like to update the FSBUS website, so that might be another reason why it takes so long.Roel Wessels

Guest pdieguez

Ok, thanks a lot...But although you said it's hard to explain, can you give me a little brief about this CCC and how it works??Thanks a lot!Paulo

Paulo,From what Dirk showed me, it is a graphical interface that can import, process and output data to and from the offsets that are available. The graphical thing about is that the inputs, calculations and outputs are displayed in a flowsheet style format.The different parts of this system are graphically displayed on a snap grid. Then there is this toolbar which would let the user select for example logic events like AND, OR, XOR, etc. The inputs and outputs to offsets (or for example, steppermotors) are also clicked and dragged from the toolbar to the grid.This way one can create it's own systems using information available from FSUIPC.Dirk showed that changing the constucted 'circuit' on the grid reflects the changes on-the-fly in the FSBUS system. Dirk for example increased the multiplier value for V/S and the steppermotor immediatly produced larger steps.The descrition above is derived from what I saw on the user interface. I'm not sure how it works internally, so don't hang me if the information above is incorrect ;-)(I only saw it functional for about a few minutes because I was too obsessed with Dirk's aluminium box with samples of al the FsBUS board designs.)Hope this helps ease the wait a bit,Roel.

Guest pdieguez

Hum...... Thanks...But I've read somewhere that with this CCC it will be possible to "create" or use somehow systems that are no avaible through FSUIPC offsets, and then you would play with that using logic events, that I think, are like you described... Have you seen anything like that???C'ya!Paulo

Maybe I haven't been clear enough, I told you it was hard to describe ;-)! It is possible to create your own systems using the CCC, what I said that it was also possible to use values form FSUIPC that could influence the system one is designing.For example it should be possible to adjust the exaust gas temperatures of the APU, by taking in account the OAT (an offset in FSUIPC). This way completely self-sufficient systems can be created, but also systems that use inputs from FSUIPC.I think it should also be possible to use a switch possition from FSBUS (i.e. the APU start/ON/OFF switch) to initiate the APU startup procedure.Also a combination might be possible. Again, I'm not sure if it all works like this, but what I saw suggested these functions.Greetings,Roel

Guest captain777

This is going to be soooooo cool!...anticipation is almost greater than waiting for FS!:)

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

I'm also waiting for the new version anxiously.Dirk said that he fixed the Rotary encoders/Redec problems and the fix will be on this release!If I'm not mistaken, the x2 problem has been fixed and also each rotary now occupies 2bits as it should making room for 32 rotary encoders (max) per key board. Cool!Thanks Dirk!George DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

Guest dirkan

Hi folks,i enjoyed that dutch weekend very much. The writings in this script are ok, very well reported. One exception is the mode of stepper controller. It is not doing microstep. My microstep tries were not successfull without using special chips for AD converters.Microstepping for the fs needs is not a real must. I am very satisfied with the controller without it. The resolution is 18 Bit, an instrument can be controlled in 250000 steps, which might be enough even for CNC mills. Speed can be set by software. Min and max speed is also configurable to let each motor work in safe conditions.THe most bugs (rotaries) should be fixed. Please test it and probably reply to me. CCC is a software experiment. I find it very convinient to define complex logic by drawing. Make your own opinion and discuss it. Give it a try, you cannot compare it with anything else (afaik).The next release will be online this weekend, if i find the time.Stepper and Stepper doku in german and english (thanks to Florent Vassenaar) are ready. CCC is implemented in its current state. The docs are not ready yet.The software works stable. Again, give it a try and tell me what you think about it.so long Dirk

Guest PoRrEkE

have no idea as to if this question has been answered somewhere because I have never before felt any intrest of the stepper side of FSbus.however if this question raises an interesting (for me) answer than this might change a big deal for me.so here goos:how many steppers on a steppercontroller card ?

Guest PoRrEkE

As far as I get it is is a logic system shown in a graphical way (like you can do afcad files by typing in a txt (non graphic) or use the afcad program so you can draw lines and use different tools)The thing I understand it will do is let you "program" a bit inside the fsbus router using fsuipc (and hopefully fsbus) variables.e.g. if you would want a gauge that shows an analogue value of the speed PLUS the altitude (no idea why you would need it but this is a good example). you can then just "create a new variable" by adding (AND) the speed and the altitude values you get from fsuipc and output the restult value to the stepperboard.e.g. if you want a led to go on if the taxi lights are on or when the landing lights are on but not when they are both on or off .. you use landing lights vale (XOR) taxi lights and the resulting value will give you a 1 when only 1 of them is on and a 0 when both are on or off.did i get it right then folks ?

Guest PoRrEkE

i hope i get it right cuz this would allow us to do something usefull that i just came up withif switch is on: rotary will increase nav1 valueif switch is off: rotary will decrease nav1 valueif this is the case you wouldn't be forced to use rotary decoder if you don't want to.

Guest stevelep

Thank's you very much Dirk for your great workand for the constant upgrading of the projectnew functions look great and we all enjoy totry it.BOB :-)