Sign in to follow this  
Guest belairvideo

TWIN OTTER PROBS!

Guest belairvideo

Many thanks to all those that posted suggestions to help me with various problems I am having with my LAGO Twotter.I have solved most of my switch emulation problems,by using FSUIPC. There is one switch not listed, it is "Anti Collision". This provides the nav lights to flash. It's not the Beacon which flashes at the base of the tail. I think Anti Collision is an old expression and wonder if there is a modern word(s) to cover it, and appearing in FSUIPC listings? I don't just want to hit "L" to put the lot on at once so as to include the stubborn "Anti Collision" switch!Any thoughts, anybody?TONY GERARD. Plymouth, England.

>Many thanks to all those that posted suggestions to help me>with various problems I am having with my LAGO Twotter.>>I have solved most of my switch emulation problems,by using>FSUIPC. There is one switch not listed, it is "Anti>Collision". This provides the nav lights to flash. It's not>the Beacon which flashes at the base of the tail. I think Anti>Collision is an old expression and wonder if there is a modern>word(s) to cover it, and appearing in FSUIPC listings? I>don't just want to hit "L" to put the lot on at once so as to>include the stubborn "Anti Collision" switch!That's "strobes".//Tuomas

Guest belairvideo

Loads of half finished areas - some painted some not. A glare shield stood on it's end by the door A couple of unfitted up-market car seats.Instrument monitors all in place, but with masking panels over the front (still). Shell finished and shaped (wonderfully)with three large monitors in place for outside views (Parhelia).Low central small monitor for GPS in place. Go Flight's autopilot, switch panel and GF 45 bench tested and ready to go into prepared areas. Two sets of purpose built rudder pedals in place. Two mechanically synchronised yolks in place (couldn't build the Otter's real "V" shaped twin yolk style). Overhead in dis-array, but taking shape as I learn more about switch emulation (with the help of you guys). General power supply cables, lighting, computer cables being run out of sight.Although it's all there, little things keep holding me up, and preventing me from finishing and closing certain areas. I find that one job relies on another job that has to be done first - and so on! This leaves several jobs on the go at the same time - hence the state of my project! I have though, been taking the odd progress shot if anybody is interested? I am using one 2g/ 750ddrram computer, with a Parhelia for outside views and a Matrox dual head plus a Matrox single head for the PFD's, Engine gauges and GPS. These are undocked to the relevant monitors, and the flight saved so that they appear in place each time I switch on.Any PC Guru's out there? All works fine except on the odd occasion, I have to press re-start on the computer? I have put in a new 550 power supply to try to cure this as sometimes, I have to press re-start several times and I don't know if it's harming the PC? Anybody experienced this?Thanks for letting me "bend" you collective ears, the Forum has been really helpful to me.TONY. Plymouth, England.

TONY:>>This leaves several jobs on the go at the same time - hence the >>state of my project! I have though, been taking the odd progress >>shot if anybody is interested? We'd love to see them, Tony.I'm looking forward to seeing how it works - I wrote a program to provide an external EICAS for another twin-turbo builder on here because he couldn't find one, and I'd like to see how someone else tackled the same issue.Richard

Guest belairvideo

.......It certainbly IS.Cheers!

Guest belairvideo

Hi Tuomas.You were able to set me right with "Anti Collision" translating as "Strobes". Any idea what "DC Master" would read as in FSUIPC's listings?Hope you can help.TONY. Plymouth, England.