Sign in to follow this  
Guest mmorrell

COCKPIT BUILDERS AVSIM CONFERENCE SURVEY

Guest mmorrell

How many of you are planning on attending the conference in Denver ths year? Just wondering... I am planning on going and it sure would be great to hook up with all the folks who have been so helpful in this forum! I mean... there are simmers... and then there are builders - you know... not to sound like a snob, but kind of like "there are those who dream, and those who do..." Not to cast aspersions or anything, but I do think that we kind of the elite of the sim world ;)If you are planning on going and if you feel like it, send me an email at "mm at mmorrell dot com". Maybe we can all set aside a time to all gather in the bar together instead of walking around asking each other if you are a builder.Just a thought.

Guest captain777

I'm happy to say that I will also be at the conference. Who can pass up a cheap ride in a Level D 777 sim??? I think I'll spend most of my time taking photos and measurements! Who knows...I may actually do a takeoff and landing!Right up there with Christmas!Thomas

Guest MattOlieman

Mitch..... Fantastic idea.I'll be there!!!!!

Guest mmorrell

Only two responses.... not a very encouraging turn out, eh Matt?Maybe we need a dedicated Builders Show similar to what they do over in Holland.

Guest MattOlieman

Discouraging....:( Not really....I think there will be more builders then just the three of us. Just like last year, we ran into quite a few Mitch.

Guest MikePowell

I'll be there in spirit. Right now I'm getting ready to send the first of two kids off to college.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest MattOlieman

Mike, that's always a tough one.... I was hoping to finally meet you in person.

Guest mmorrell

Mike,Send us a picture and we'll stand it up on the bar with us and put a beer in front of it.

Guest MikePowell

Yeah, that would be good.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest MikePowell

Of me or my departing tuition dollars?Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest MattOlieman

Just your smiling face Mike:)

I am planning on being there... I'm trying to combine it with a biz trip to my company's facility in Longmont, and so far that looks like a "go".cheers,Dave Blevinshttp://www.flightfactory-simulations.com/h...ster_banner.jpg

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Guest Salbado

I will be attending the conference...just "finished" my A320 Flight Deck. Well 80%...everything working...including the FCU Push/Pull Autopilot. See pic below. I will hopefully bring some more pics showing the approach of customizing GoFlight electronics with the Project Magenta software and some other stuff...BTW, how will we know who we are...perhaps we could do a post on the bulletin board to meet at the bar at a certain time. I would like to meet and talk to you guys (genius') as well. I am sure we will all meet up somehow. Maybe loitering by FDS...Sal - Bew York

Guest mmorrell

I say we set a challange and password, so we can walk around and ask strangers stuff like: "Peculiar weather we're having, isn't it?" and the answer could be "Yes, and the birds fly south in winter" or some such. Adds a little intrigue and makes everyone wonder what you are up too...Or we can just say to meet Thursday night after 7PM at the bar - wear your name tag.