Sign in to follow this  
Guest pdieguez

Question about display controller from FSBUS

Guest pdieguez

Hello guysI was looking at the display controller schematics, from FSBUS, and should I connect the PIC pins to both cathode display pins or just one of them? Or it doesn't matter?Thanks a lotPaulo

Guest MikePowell

Paulo,If you're referring to the common cathode pins on a 7-segment display, it will work with either one connected. Using both is more conservative. The common connection has to handle the total current through all the segments. Using both shares the load.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest mondo

I really have no idea what you should do. But would it not be easier to download the PCB layout and etch the board? I have done all of the boards and they come out great done with the pre-sensitized method.

Guest pdieguez

It surely would, but where can I find this PCB layout for smaller displays???Paulo

Guest petrsn

Hello paulo,You might find a customised board for FSBUS at the following sighthttp://www.fsfan.deIt's a German site but I use translation software to make it manageable.Tom

Guest stevelep

I speak spanish, german, french and englishask me if you've problems to understand the german websitesBOB

Guest pdieguez

Well I surely need your help now.. I need to register on that forum to download what I think that may be the 7-seg display pcb.... Can someone email-me with the file, please???Thanks a lot!Paulo

Guest stevelep

Get your file.Give me your email ,I'll send them to youBOBstevelep2(REMOVE)@bluewin.ch(remove the (REMOVE) for antispam)