Sign in to follow this  
Guest maxmax20

PTT keys to external pedestal problem

Guest maxmax20

Hi,I am using an expansion slot for my Aerosoft MCP747 panel. It is connected to the expansion port1. There are many switches connected (fuel cutoff, nav id, doors,....) i want to connect a push button for AVC.That means, when i push this button AVC should send, when i release it it should stop sending.The difficult on this is, that the keys are not recognized from FS, so i have to programm PTT on and PTT off from FSUIPC to those key. And that is, what iam not understanding. I painted the problem in paint, i hope you understand my big problem and help me find a solution for it.problem.jpggreetingsMark

Guest maxmax20

does noone has any idea???greetingsMark

Guest captain777

Mark...What is AVC? Not sure what it is.

Guest Stephan Haas

Mark,If you push the switch (connected to the MCP), the MCP will generate a key-sequence. Is this key-sequence recognised by FSUIPC? You can try this in the "buttons" page of FSUIPC by trying to assign a function to the generated key-sequence. If so, you're in bussiness, because FSUIPC will take care of this.If not, there might be another option. You can connect a switch to one of the button pins of one of the 4 MCP joystick connections. These buttons will be recognised by FSUIPC.Kind regards,Stephan Haaswww.lemont.nl/b767flightdeckhttp://www.pic767flyingclub.com/images/sas544.jpg

Guest maxmax20

Hi Stephan.thanks for reply. That means when i connect the button to the joystick port of the MCP it will work? Must i assign a keypress in the MCP Software, or is it enough in FS?Will try this tomorrow morning. Will report you the result tomorrow.thanks at this time.GreetingsMarkPS: I want to watch your flight yesterday on follow live! ;-) Nice feature. Nico gave you the tipp, or?

Guest Stephan Haas

Mark,Yes, you can connect buttons to the joystick port of the MCP. You'll have to use the MCP software to generate a key-sequence and then I guess it's either FS of FSUIPC. I got some PIC767 functions working via the MCP, so I know it will work.Regarding your PS: Yes, Nico gave me the tip (and you know where he got his info from!). Didn't use it yesterday, since it's too much for my computer when flying. I am waiting for a new computer and then it'll be better.Kind regards,Stephan Haaswww.lemont.nl/b767flightdeckhttp://www.pic767flyingclub.com/images/sas544.jpg

Hi Mark,I have checked this evening but FSUIPC does not recognise the buttons at the joysticks of the MCP directly.I have now also read fully your post in the Pete Dowson forum and the elaborate help you got from Pete. Maybe you should try this:Add 13120,1,1,0,1,0,0,Virtual Button 1 to the definitions file of the MCP software, and attach your PTT button to it in the MCP software.Then open FSUIPC, choose buttons tab (don't forget that your MCP must be turned on).Push your PTT butonand see whether FSUIPC recognises this -virtual- button. If so, add PTT on to the making and PTT off to the release of this button.Cheers,Nicowww.nicokaan.nlfc.php?vatsim=814584&indicator=OD1&a=pic767.jpg

Guest maxmax20

ThanksNico,its working perfect.GreetingsMarkus