Sign in to follow this  
Guest skotten

Cessna cockpit

Guest skotten

Hi allI have been asked to build a Cessna cockpit for a convention to be held this summer over 2 month.For this I need some drawings of a cessna 172 to build the inner shell.If you have something I can use, and wanna share, please contact me.peters@vrmedialab.dkRegardsPeter

>Hi all>>I have been asked to build a Cessna cockpit for a convention>to be held this summer over 2 month.>For this I need some drawings of a cessna 172 to build the>inner shell.Some tight timeframe you have there :) Good luck!Anyway, these could be of interest:http://gallery.aerodome.net/album50And for inspiration, our sim (unfortunately the site is only in finnish at the moment): http://www.mik.fi/lentaminen/simulaattori.htmlThe pics are links to high res versions. It took us about one and a half years to build ours, we had a team of maybe 5 people.//Tuomas

Guest mmorrell

Good luck! It took me that long to do the avionics panel alone on my King Air sim. Of course I am not on a deadline, nor getting paid to build the thing. ;)Can you provide a little more info on what your goal is? There's cockpits and then there are COCKPITS, you know? You can throw together a simile in a rather short period of time if you have the money and are not looking for extreme realism. You may want to get a jump on this by looking at products that are pre-built to a degree, depending on your budget. Check out products by Flight Deck Solutions (www.flightdecksolutions.com) and The Real Cockpit (http://www.therealcockpit.com/).If you define your goals and limits a bit clearer there are plenty of people in this forum who would be happy to help get you started.

Guest skotten

Thanks for the help guys!As for the goals and limits, well its actually all in place. All I need for this is drawings/reference to build the shell from. I am not going to build the shell my self. I have "people" to do that. LOLBut basically the thing will be a cockpit housing with a panel driven by PM GAFIR, and CH products for controls, and a large XGA projector for the exterior. Not all that fancy, but still interesting. RegardsPeter