Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lablabla

Building my own Yoke and Pedals

Guest Lablabla

Hello all,I'm intersting in building a Yoke and pedals for my FS2004...i searched the net for explenations on how to do it but i couldn't find any,i was hoping that you can help me, i need some help on what do i need and how to put them together and connect them to the computer...basiclly, i need all the info about building a yoke and pedals (Only)thanks,Carmel Barak

Guest SHORT360

Carmel,As regards the pedals I guess that the best deal is to go in your next fitness devices shop and buy for about 40 $ a so called Stepper.Then you must built a little consol in order to get it on the right angel and simply add an 100K potentiometer and it is done. You will have the best Rudders Pedals available today and believe there are no pedals out there even the most expensive one which will give you that unbelievable feeling due to the hydraulic dampers.RegardsRogerhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/70541.jpg

Guest Lablabla

Hi Roger,10x,a few questions,where is this potentiometer?and onther question,how is it connect to the computer?it's only a stepper after all....what about the yoke? got any ideas?10x,Carmel

Guest Lablabla

Hi all,Wow, 10x Stephan, those website we very helpfull,so, basiclly,in order to make a joystick move, all it need is a potentiometer connecting to the right pin in the gameport?wow, but, a potentiometer has 3 legs, i guess one goes to the VCCthe leg that moves is to the gameport and the other one to the GND, is that correct?if so, you made my day,one request,can you write what "thing" controls what axis?i mean, Pedals controls the X Axis, for example, what does the pedals controls, the yoke, and if i got it right, the throttle is the y Axis for the 2nd joystick (in the gameport, is that right?)10x alot again,Carmel

Guest Lablabla

Hi again,if you're answering 1 question, y not 2?ok so here is next:1 of the sites said the there is a possiblity of connecting 2 buttons,button 1, and 2 (typically), i wondered which one of them is the trigger, for brake? another question just came to my mind is, how to make a flaps lever?one more thing u just noticed,including the throttle, the yoke and pedals have 4 axisssss,Yoke has 2 axisssssPedals has 1and throttle has 1,the problem is,in the gameport, there are only X and Y axissss for every joystick...how can i connect the throttle and the one the missing (i know that Y is pitch, but im not sure what is X - Pedals or Yoke)10x alot again,Carmel

Hi carmelYou only need two wires to the pots.Wire one to pin 1 (of the gameport) and one to pin 3. (and so on)Use the left and the middle pin on the pot. If the movement of your control is the wrong way around then just switch the left to the right pin.Here is the layout of the gameport. Pots go to 5 v, switches to ground.Joystick Inputs - DB15 ConnectorsPin Standard IBM PC Port Definition 1 Analog common XY1 (+5V) 2 Switch A1 3 AX Variable Resistor AX 4 A1 Ground 5 A2 Ground 6 Variable Resistor AY 7 Switch A2 8 Analog common NC or +5V 9 Analog common XY2 (+5V) 10 Switch B1 11 Variable Resistor BX 12 B1 & B2 Ground 13 Variable Resistor BY 14 Switch B2 15 Analog common NC If you need more then 4 pots, use a second db15 and use a gameport to usb convertor or use the inner parts of an usb joystick.RegardsNorbert Bosch

Guest Lablabla

Hia Norbert,10x,when u said use another DB15, did u meant 1 will be connected to the Gameport and 1 to the USB?2 game controllers connected at once?ok,what about my other questions?got any ideas?10x,Carmel

@ Carmel2 or 5 controllers at once whatever you like. I use one gameport (most pc's have only one) and my throttle quadrant is wired to a db15 port and via a usb convertor connected to the usb.Now I can use 8 potmeters. Do u want to have 12? Put another usb in.When you assign the functions in FS to the diferent devices you will see that you get a pul down menu in which you can choose what axie on hat device for your throttle/spoilers/elevator or whatever.@ RogerWhat a good idea to use that for your pedals. Could you post some pics to show in detail how you connected the pots to the device?Norbert

Guest Lablabla

10x alot,i know how to do the main stuff, yoke, pedals and throttle,but what about the flaps? and gears? i assume the the gears can be done using a button, but the flaps?10x,Carmel

@ Carmel,What does 10x mean? You use it quite alot and I presume your writing 10x instead of thanks?

Guest Lablabla

that's right,now, got any ideas to my previous questions?

Well concerning the flaps you could again use a pot and configure it to the aircraft your using in fsuipc. You could also use a keyboard emulator and 2 microswitches using key assignments f6 and f7 for the up down of the flap lever.CheersGaz

Thanks for the pic.I have a ch pedals. But for my pit I want something stronger. Your suggestion is great. So I have to go to fitnesscenter or something to find this fitness device. Do you happen to have a link to a site were you can buy this?You have only a pot attached to the rudder. Would it be possible with this device to put 2 pots to the toebrakes?Norbert