Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lablabla

Building my own Yoke and Pedals

Guest SHORT360

Norbert,With a bit imagination it should be possible to add Toebrakes. By the way, my pedals are custom made, but based upon a generic, basic, cheap Stepper. The only differene is the angle to your feets. My first one where modified Steppers in order to get them works at the right angle.The simplest solution to get that is to build a wooden support (which is anyway required in order to get them stable) with the right angle to you feet.As I had some years ago easy access to some machines I could make that custom model and that's why I made it. These pedals are about 8 years old and at that time the simualtion softwares did not really manage the toe brakes. Once I get finished with the cockpit I will made the upgrade. Take a look at you next fitness store and you will understand how easy it is to modife them and get the best rudder pedals available today for a fraction of the price of the best commercial ones.Cheers,Roger

>>Well concerning the flaps you could again use a pot and configure >>it to the aircraft your using in fsuipc. You could also use a >>keyboard emulator and 2 microswitches using key assignments f6 and >>f7 for the up down of the flap lever.Better bet for flaps is to us a rotary switch, and assign each position to a specific flaps position - that's what I did.Richard

Guest Lablabla

Hya again folks, i started building my Yoke, but i have a slight problem,i'm doing the yoke a "Cessna Style", meaninig the elevator and pitch are on the same wooden stick holding the "wheel",i'm doing this by connecting a pot at the other end of the stick and the other part of the pot will be connected to a wooden square stick that stands in a rail in order to go only back and forth and not to rotat while the stick rotates (and thefore change a value of the pot), not i have a problem about connecting the pitch pot to that stick cause if i'll just connect to to somewhere around the stick, while rotating, the "thing" that will connect the stick to the pot will rotate along with it and the pitch pot will stop working or the rotating will jam... my unlce suggested me to put some ring around the stick and connect the "thing" to the pot, and therfor, by blocking the ring's possibilit of moving back and forth it will work, this is a good idea, however that size of a ring is very hard to get, and i wanted to know if any of you has an idea of a different way of doing this,next project will be the Pedals, i have an idea how to do it (thanks to you)... but now, i'm kinda stuck with the yoke, hope u can help meThanks alot guys,Carmel

Roger,Very nice design idea. Does it have self centering? Would you please post more info/pics about it. Thanks.David