Sign in to follow this  
Guest perchas

New FSBUS 2.2.0 Ready

Hi Tuomas...when I downloaded 2.2.0 and tried it it fixed my problem ! I now have to only flick the switch once and it goes ON/OFF in FS2004....great !!Thanks again Dirk for your wonderful work !Cheers...JB

>Hi Tuomas...when I downloaded 2.2.0 and tried it it fixed my>problem ! I now have to only flick the switch once and it goes>ON/OFF in FS2004....great !!>>Thanks again Dirk for your wonderful work !>>Cheers...JBOh, looks like you missed one version in between then, that sounds like the problem one of the intermediate versions had where the software "fell asleep" after a short while and didnt really respond to events at all.Glad to hear it works again.//Tuomas

Guest Ramsberg

Yeah its great!Played around with it last night and built an APU with sound and all :-)2 things:* Anyone worked out if you can let one CCC-object result in a variable, lets say "APU_Power" which is non-zero if the apu is running and the generator is conected to the bus. I want to use that variable in another CCC-object witch will evaluate if the engines will start or not (only if ground power/APU/other engine delivers bleed air and power)* Connecting things in the CCC with lines is a bit tricky... any improvements pending there?/ Olle

Hi, it looks very nice your posted image and thank you you share it with us here!I have one question, if you know about (por any other knows):Can CCC logical system help me to have the 7-segments display for V/S and Speed in my MCP, blanks when also PM have them blank?There are two read-only offsets in PM's offsets that send the information when V/S or Speed displays are blank. Dirk has them also include in Fsbus.Can i have a logical function here, when V/S = blank, FsBus V/S display to don't display anything? No zeros, no dashes, no numbers?Like the if, then, else?RegardsEddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Guest Ramsberg

Hi again!Mad a quit try on a "fuel system" Its quite easy to work with once you get the hang of it.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/71390.jpgThere are 7 fsbus switch inputs, 2 pumps per tank and a crossfeed switch. The FS inputs are the L,C and R fuel tank value. The outpits are not real yet. I want the to be variables thats available for use in other CCC-objects, but I dont know how yet.The logic of the system is taken from the schematics of the real system, with a little simplification. For example, you can accomplish fuel pressure to the left engine by:1. enable one of the pumps (L_pump1 or L_pump2) on the left tank2. enable pump1 (C_pump1) on the center tank3. enable pump2 (C_pump2) on the center tank AND open the crossfeed (X-Feed) valve.4. enable one of the pumps (R_pump1 or R_pump2)on the right tank AND open the crossfeed (X-Feed) valve.All of above will evaluate the fuel amount in the used tank...My intent is to link this with the engine logic etc later...Is there any "save to file" possibility in the CCC to be able to share this?Cheers!/ Ramsberg

>Can i have a logical function here, when V/S = blank, FsBus>V/S display to don't display anything? No zeros, no dashes, no>numbers?This would be needed for normal radios too - via CCC or any other means: if we have either Avionics Master or Battery/Alternator off, there is no electricity for the avionics and the 7-segments need to be blank. Havent tested the CCC myself yet, but I will need to try if this is possible.A lot of times the pilots flying the sim do not realize the avionics switch is OFF, and thus the radios do not really work - yet the 7-segments make you think they are turned on. It's an important visual clue that causes a lot of confusion because it works "the wrong way".. :)//Tuomas

Guest stevelep

Nice,You can add fuel tranfer pumps between the tanks tooand fuel emergency dump function and a refueling command with the flag "on fuel station" of FSUIPCThat's a good example of the infinity of the possibility ofthis great editor ...:-)BOB

Guest Ramsberg

Sure! ;-)Will check that when I get home to my 737 technical manual./ Ramsberg

Guest dirkan

Hi,i think you like CCC. It was intersting to read your comments and see the first designs.Some thoughts about it:1. a storage for values, sharable between different CCC objects will be usefull. 2. The control of special display options like "Std" or "---" is in work.3. Detecting the initial value of switches must be done by a hardware reset of the controllers. I will modify the hardware on COM board to achieve this.4. The speaker is now implemented by using the simple Win32 API PlaySound(). Later i will replace it by DirectSound, which allows to mix more than one sound and control the volume. I haven't got the time to do that first.so longDirk

>1. a storage for values, sharable between different CCC>objects will be usefull. Yes. We did a "Avionics Bus" CCC thing that uses the "analog switch" to pass the radio frequencies to the 7-segment displays - basically "if Battery AND AvionicsMaster are ON => ShowFrequencySwitch is ON"This would be useful as a separate "module" that we could reuse and thus create one CCC design for each radio, instead of doing one huge layout (which works though)>2. The control of special display options like "Std" or "---">is in work.Dont forget "blank" if that is possible - if avionics are off, in a "cold" cockpit everything is blank. Luckily we got the digits to display a single "0" now (plus the decimal dot :)) - it is not perfect but it makes it clear when avionics are turned on.>3. Detecting the initial value of switches must be done by a>hardware reset of the controllers. I will modify the hardware>on COM board to achieve this.Would this happen automatically? The less steps there are to start the simulator, the better. We have a "sim start checklist" now that first sets everything in "cold" position before even turning on the main power switch, to make sure everything is in correct positions. Although setting the switches correctly before starting up the sim is important in any case.>4. The speaker is now implemented by using the simple Win32>API PlaySound(). Later i will replace it by DirectSound, which>allows to mix more than one sound and control the volume. >I haven't got the time to do that first.Yea. It would be nice if one could control the sound pitch and volume and have a possibility to loop the sound (maybe this is possible already?)The CCC is awesome!http://aerodome.net/gallery-kuvat/album21/IMG_6361.sized.jpg//Tuomas

Oh, here's our "Avionics Bus" CCC layout - it basically zeroes the radio 7-segments if either battery or avionics switch is off.http://tigert.gimp.org/aviation/vatsim/fsn...avionicsbus.pngThere's one AND-gate that takes the "both batt + avionics master must be on" -signal to a "analog switch" that just puts the radio frequency through to the 7-segment display if there is electricity on the avionics bus. Otherwise it just puts a "0" there. Not perfect but does the job atleast so people realize better they have avionics master in OFF-position and that is why radios "dont work" :)We then chained more stuff there on the same line, NAV1 and ADF and XPDR displays are controlled the same way.//Tuomas

>>3. Detecting the initial value of switches must be done by a>hardware reset of the controllers. I will modify the hardware>on COM board to achieve this.Dirk, the s/w solution, maybe better than the hardware, the automatic best of all :-)May this will help you as an idea : for me to solve this with current s/w status, i'm going to any group and i uncheck and re-check the avtive tag. So all the displays and leds have the current updated values. Eddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Guest Glenn Weston

Maybe we could have something in the CCC that issues a "read all values" command then all we have to do is hit a switch to initiate the read & then everything is syncronised.Cheers Glenn.You can check out my Simpit Project here:http://www.simhardware.co.nz/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33

Guest jmi

When waiting documentation from Dirk. I had some spare time to make simple tutorial what should get you understand this little better. And give you basics to make own programs.Any comments and suggestions are welcome.http://www.mikkila.org/fsbus/doc/CCC-Tutorial/- J