Sign in to follow this  

CH Yoke - opinion poll -

I have both the yoke w/ 3 levers and the rudder pedals (USB versions). The rudder pedals are quite sturdy and heavy and IMO, quite good quality. However, I am a little dissapointed at the Yoke's toy like quality. I also hear those rubberbands going boing in there and sometimes, after pulling back or pushing on the yoke and releasing it, it tends to not go back to its original neutral position and I need to adjust it for that. Also, the levers could have been larger to give it a more simulation feel of the real thing. And for a $100, these things are way overpriced. But that's what monopoly does. I don't know why other manufacturers haven't gotten into selling yokes (I know there is someone else that sells a very high quality yoke for $500 or above - but such prices are ridiculous to patronize even if someone could afford them).

jerrycwo4Thanks to all of you for the good, truth about this product. I have been flying for 4 years with a MS Sidewinder joy stick and have thought many, many times about getting a yoke, but since I'm on auto pilot 98% of the time and reading all of the above, I'm going to continue flying with my stick.... sorry, but I always fly with NO wind.Jerry ;)

Thank you everyone for your experiences and input.If there had been reports of hardware failures with the units, particularly those purchased more recently, we might have drawn conclusions about build quality. However, beyond general regret about the Yoke's "cheap appearance" there seem no trends towards hardware failures.The fact that many have had long term satisfactory use seems to indicate good durability.I imagine that this unit is a very low volume seller amongst CH's many recreational and industrial control products, and perhaps not high on the development list for further investment. However, I do hope CH revisit the Yoke design, with a view to an upgrade.Finally, I apologise for seeming to "cast aspersions" on the Yoke, perhaps in my irritation with a replacement unit received "dead on arrival." I am glad we have it.jerrycwo4 - as I migrate away from the circuit to VATSIM cross countries using FSNav, autopilot is more appreciated. However, if you were to try a Yoke I don't think you would want to go back to your stick, it definately adds a great deal to my "hands on" simulation experience.Thanks again everyone!PH

I purchased the CH yoke and pedals back in February. I paid

Guest fleabag

Crap. Yoke sticks and will not return to the same place twice!

I've had my CH Yoke 'n' pedals for well over 2 years, and must say that I get no BOINGS, is only lubricated with dust, and apart from possibly better or at least updated drivers, being made available, cannot complain, especially as now, the reverse thrust also works on the throttle, with FS2002 and can be more finely calibrated with the use of Pete Dowson's FSUIPC, and it is also used for Formula 1 Racing without putting the blocks in the pedals !!!! It is also only the gameport model with one throttle control .... My main gripe would have to be the lack feel, it won't recentre and never did, no matter what, and have flown real light aircraft, and that it does look cheap for the dollars at just over $500 Australian .... But heck the Saitek joystick hasn't been used since, so it must do something right ....For added realsim, a "Radio Stack", cum A/P and other controls, which operates in 2 Modes, has also been added, being an ACP Compact unit made in Germany, which I purchased in Holland just over 12 months ago, for just on $550 Australian, and is without a doubt the best "Cheapest" add-on after the Yoke 'n' Pedals, and with that the keyboard hardly gets a look in .... Its looks, the knobs and buttons in their feel, is just as cheap, as the yoke and other plastic items, but in fact operates at least 98% of all the aircraft controls that can be used without touching the keyboard or mouse, including the functions of the extra two levers to that of which the USB CH Yoke have on it .... :-xxrotflmaoAs any Aussie knows, anything out here ain't cheap, if it can be found and purchased here, in the first place, but is by far the best grand ( Aussie slang for $1000 ), I've spent since installing the computer and FAR outwieghs the 'puter's reliability, especially for the money !!!!! :-lol"One shouldn't judge a book by its cover", Nor can you expect a Rolls Royce on Volkswagon money !!!!! :-rollUpon enquiries on the ACP Unit, found it cannot be purchased directly from the German Company, which would equate to approx $800 from Australia, and was told it could only be bought through "the company" via its USA Subsiduary, who wanted nearly $1300 Australian, :-erks, But I found it at The Lychvaart Hobby Shop, near Schipol Airport, Holland, while on my RTW trip last year, and it can be found on the web, and be purchased through there if interested, at approximately the equivalent of $550 Aust .... :-sun1 If you wish to see other items on the same subject there, they were also at the same place on display and how one drools :9, but well out of reach of any ordinary person's wallet :'(CheersLowflier .... :-)