Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoRrEkE

Throttle -> trust reverse

Guest PoRrEkE

Ok here's my situation and my question:I need to get the reverse on the same potentiometer as the trottles. In a F50 you have several detentes and if you pull all the way back you get reverse. Probably similar to Airbus system if i'm not mistaken.How can I make this work in fs ? I've tried to find out via fsuipc but it doesn't work. Maybe I do something wrong or maybe I need a newer version of fsuipc ?

Guest pwapilot

I did it via FSUICP but I have the newest version of it.Good luck, pwapilot

Guest yoss

Hi, you have two choicesOne-- assighn joystic axes to thorttles and calibrate that with Fsuipc joystick utility leaving some pot way backwards for the reverse--thats works for methe second --as far i do remember if you are on idle a and holding pressed F2 you engaging reverse--in this case you will have to add some microswich below idle position-i am trying to implement that in the throttles i building yetJoseph

Guest stevetheplumber

Phillipe!Peice of cake, if I can get LPT to work then you can do this!You have your throttle conected to a pot! full off and up to full max go to FSUIPC/joystick/throttle set 1st setting (fully off) to 1st setting "reverse" then move throttle to full and set 3rd setting to "max" decrease throttle to your point of idle (may be 15mm off travel from fully off) and set this to 2nd setting "idle" Worked for me on freeware FSUIPC and also pay as you go FSUIPC.If you have 2 pots, throttle 1,2 then do the same config on throttle 2, if you use one pot for two throttles then map throttle 1-2I used two pots inline for each throttle one pot for thrust, one for reverse both pots at 0 resistance gave me setting 2 "idle" activate one pot for reverse thrust at max,this I set at setting 1 "reverse" for reverse thrust, and other pot for max thrust at setting 3 "max"Regards Steve

Guest PoRrEkE

Ok, super, this seems to work with the "use multiple throttle levers" option turned on, i can acces on page 3 a more advanced setting of the calibration with 3 detents that fsuipc wil monitor.this way indeed I can reach reverse.the problem now however is.if i put my levers all the way back i get -16.300if i move forward nothing happens untill i reach 'bout 50% of the travel. then the nuber starts to increase.when i reach full power on the lever the value just reaches +16.300so i get reverse when i am in flight idle ... which is wrong! :(anyone got ideas ?or will I really have to work with a rotary system to make my pot rotate less ?

Guest pookie

Try changing the joystick axis sensitivity to MIN or MAX and play around with the NULL ZONE. This seams to change the values that FSUIPC shows for the throttle axis. Also, make sure the joystick axis is calibrated correctly.Also, just because the pot is turning doesn't mean your PC sees the change in resistance. I has to reposition my pot several times to ensure when I moved the throttle lever, the PC would see the move. Try just playing with the pot (without the lever attached) to see if FSUIPC responds across the entire range of the pot.Hope this helps.

>Ok here's my situation and my question:>>I need to get the reverse on the same potentiometer as the>trottles. In a F50 you have several detentes and if you pull>all the way back you get reverse. Probably similar to Airbus>system if i'm not mistaken.>>How can I make this work in fs ? I've tried to find out via>fsuipc but it doesn't work. Maybe I do something wrong or>maybe I need a newer version of fsuipc ?Doesnt it work the way that you calibrate your "idle" a bit "up" in the scale, so that if you pull the throttles all the way back, they go to "negative" - below idle. That is then interpreted as "reverse AFAIK.//Tuomas

Guest PoRrEkE

No it doesn't.You have to select the checkbox which is on page 1 of the "joystick" tab of the fsuipc GUI. then procede to page 3 on which you can setup 3 "detents" nrs. 1 for full power, 1 for full reverse and 1 for idle.

Guest PoRrEkE

I'll be doing some tests today with replacing the pot with another one.I've been fiddeling around with the null zone and min and max.null zone was fully closed by default.sensitivity was set to max and changing it to min doesn't help the problem. it only changes so that the value changes between -280 and +280 instead of -16300 etc.Also I'm sure that the thing is calibrated correctly. I did it a few times without any luck.I'll keep you guys posted on the result of the test with a slide pot here.

Guest stevetheplumber

I have had some of these problems with my pots on occassions, I will describe them and my remidies and hope they help.I use two game control devices connected to my pots, first is a home made 4 axis 4 button controler, this conects through my sound card, each pot has 2 wires, calibration in FSUIPC goes from approx -16000 to 16000, one time I lost this range and problem of this was a bad conection where I plug in to my sound card, removed plug and refitted! problem solvedSecond device I use is a stripped down Saitek joystick (usb), this uses three wires to each pot, range again -16000 to 16000 one problem I had was I conected the wrong wires to the wrong terminals =big problem, corrected this all is ok.Other problems I have had have been mentioned, sensitivity not correct, also I have found on some occasions I have had to calibrate first in my game controller after in FSUIPCAll pots I use are 100k linearSomeone told me the start and end of a pot movement does not always register, so I do not start the movement of my pots at the begining or end.Rotory pots I use on my throttle/reverse thrust I have geared down, rotory pots move through 270 degrees, but when you move your throttle this only goes approx 90 degrees, may be this is a problem for you, gear your connection between throttle/pot or try a sliding pot.Hope this is of helpRegards Steve