Sign in to follow this  
Guest lillomur

FSBUS Radio settings

Guest lillomur

Hi all: I've got a little problem when I try to adjust the integer value of COM and NAV radios: the fractional part reset to zero value, even if I select the "Integer" option in the rotary configuration. In fact, it doesn't matter if this option is selected or not, because its behaviour is always the same. I'd like to know if someone has noticed the same problem, because I'm not sure if this is a general bug or just something wrong in my system.RegardsOscar Lillo

It was a known problem i didn't try it yet with the latest version.The fractional part change ok, without this affect the integer. When changing the integer the fractional digits are changing to zeros.You can send an email to Dirk about it.Eddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

I can confirm that it's a software bug. Now, I don't know if it's FSBUS or FS2004...Meaning...I'm using 2 rotary encoders for each frequency. One for the Mhz (step in FSBUS 1000, Integer only checked), and one for the Khz (step in FSBUS 25, nothing checked).When I run FSBUS alone with the hardware I can change the Mhz value alone, say from 118.45 to 119.45 without loosing the decimal freq.BUT, when running FS, when I try the same thing the decimals are reset, 118.45 results to 119.00.So, only FSBUS running : 118.45 > 119.45 possible.FSBUS + FS running 118.45 > 119.00 (wrong).I don't know if the bug is in FSBUS or FSUIPC or FS itself! If it's FSBUS, I'm sure Dirk will nail it down. If it's FSUIPC then Peter may be able to fix it. But if it's MSFS... we can do nothing about it.George DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

Interestingly Jari (jmi) said his radios work correctly. I am seeing the same problem myself too.//Tuomas

Guest romeo_charlie

It must be something to do with your configuration. I have all radios working correctly.If you want I can see my files to see how it's done.

>It must be something to do with your configuration. I have>all radios working correctly.>>If you want I can see my files to see how it's done.Sure. Please post screenshot of the rotary settings and your configuration file?//Tuomas

Guest lillomur

Yes Rafa indeed, it would be very interesting to know how your radios have been configured.Tonight I've been looking for alternative solutions: I've tried to configure two single switches and connect a rotary to them , sending each switch a keystroke to the FS in order to increase or decrease Mhz, and it works fine, but the problem is that the FSBUS display resets always to the Min value of 108000.Finally, I've created two rotary objets and I've connected the physical rotary in the way showed below.The problem is that it uses four entries, but by the moment is a solution, although it's not very smart.Thanks to all for your answers.Oscar Lillohttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/71772.jpg

Yea, I had them as key events, but I dont bother anymore - it works anyway, and I just need to tune first the whole MHz and then the fractional part.Interested in finding a solution though, but basically the stuff works reasonably well. It is more a training system, less a replica of a real aircraft :)//Tuomas

Guest romeo_charlie

Hello,Sorry for taking so long, but I've been away for a couple days.Here's a picture of my setupFSBUS.jpgThe line on FSIF.INI this device refers to is the following one:3, "Standby", 124, 3, 0x311e, I16, 0,RW+, 10,1,1,Pretty standard, really.With this spec, the radios work perfectly. This is the rotary assigned to the Khz of NAV1. The only difference on the rotary that takes care of the Mhz part of Nav1 is the Step (1000).Oh, and it may be a factor mentioning that I've got'em assigned in the same CID, but DIFFERENT RIDs. This might be the key to get it workin'.Cheers.

Guest romeo_charlie

Disregard my last message,I had it working before. I installed the latest version, and now my Khz go to Zero everytime I turn the Mhz knob...Arrrgh!!!!!I uninstalled last version, and went back to 2.0.8 and it is still doing the same.Anyone with the same problem?

Guest jmi

Hi..Just tested this.For some reason 2.0.8 is working perfectly. 2.2 is not. With same config. They are installed same time in different directoris. That is only difference.Don't know reason for this.- J

Guest lillomur

It's very strange. I tried all the previous versions and the problem was always there, even with the 2.0.8 one. I forgot to say that I'm still using FS2002, and maybe this behaviour could be different with FS2004.Rafa, try to remove all the entries in the Windows registry related with FSBUs before installing 2.0.8 version, because sometimes I've seen that the path to find de .ini files don't change, and it's possible that 2.0.8 version was estill using the .ini files of 2.2.0, in the case you haven't uninstalled it.Oscar Lillo.

Guest romeo_charlie

Well,I've using FS2004 all along. I'm definitely gonna try to remove al traces of FSBUS from the registry. And we'll see ehat the results are then.This stuff is driving me crazy. And I still can't connect more than 3 Key controllers without getting a performance drop.

Guest tralluccio

I confirm I'm experiencing the same problem with both version 2.0.8 and 2.2bye

Guest MajorFibbs

HelloHas someone solved the problem in the menatime? BTW 2 years later!!I have the following setup:FSBus Classic COM + KEYFSBus Router 2.4.2.FS2004FSUIPC 3.5.3.Rotrary Encoder: Knitterbut the fractional part of COM is still jumping to 00 (zero) when changing the incremental part.Additional to this problem I found out that the full range of frequencies for COM (118.000 - 136.999) can't be tuned with FSBUS + FS2004 running. If FSBUS runs alone, it seems ok by looking at the values indicated in FSBUS-Router.Very, very annoying the whole story.