Sign in to follow this  
Guest lillomur

FSBUS Radio settings

No :-(Last 2 years, only a few things changed in Fsbus :-(Eddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

I agree,I think we must sent some kind of email to Dirk to see what he is thinking about the FSBUS future. I have sent a 3-4 of them but never have a complete answer about (e.g. Project Magenta Blank Displays, or if FSBUS can read and write on separete offsets, 359 --> 000 problem etc). Latest version 2.4.2 released 3 months after 2.4.1 has only a couple o minor improvements. FSBUS has some serious problems that Dirk must take care of ASAP.Themis

Themis Katakalos

Athens - LGAV

Guest MajorFibbs

Well, true speaking. A few weeks ago I was happy with FSBus, but now since I am digging deeper and deeper, more and more problems arise. Not very promising and also support is almost not existant.Well, there is a new version called FSBus NG (new generation). At least there these problems "SHOULD" be solved but I don't have confirmation about that. Anyone with FSBus NG here?BTW: I am already considering to change to IO-Cards from http://www.opencockpits.com.

Fsbus NG is only the new hardware PCBs and it has the same software to work.Many people went to Opencockpits solution. Eddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Dirk is always hiding in the back of the word "freeware".Here is the answer that I received when I posted an email to him telling how much "sloooow" is the development of the FSBUS and the problems that it has:"fsbus is freeware and will be and any effort depends on my freetime. If you are not able to writeyour own router, which is possible with my docs, you will have to wait until i am ready."After that IOCards is the only way.Themis

Themis Katakalos

Athens - LGAV

>Dirk is always hiding in the back of the word "freeware".>Here is the answer that I received when I posted an email to>him telling how much "sloooow" is the development of the FSBUS>and the problems that it has:Well, even if the answer does not feel very good when you struggle with a problem, what he said is very true.Dirk is one guy, working on his own home cockpit. He just wanted to share his design and interface solution with others who might be interested in it. He also has a daytime job which keeps him busy, and the copious free time we all have so much, it needs to be divided between family, the sim and the software development.How else should he answer?//Tuomas

Tuomas,the freeware Fsbus status is well known from the 1st day i started my cockpit based on it. So i cannot expect from Dirk to offer a proffesional support as may software companies do and i cannot ask for new versions with specific improovements.But, as the time saw to all of us, the Fsbus the last 2 years is a stopped project and Dirk for all these reasons you are saying (job, family etc) does not have the time even to reply to emails for support, problems, new features. I don't know if you have another point of view and you are satisfied 100%, or you have a better support, but we don't.No hard feelings, but that's the truth. Opencockpits made many many steps in front, than Fsbus and they are many people there !!Maybe Fsbus could be an open source program, as another solution.best regardsEddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Tuomas,I completely agree with you and also understand Dirk's position.His project, his free time, his program.Dirk's problem is the softwareHis electronics design and implementation are very well done and the modular design is more flexible than the iocards approach.What is lacking is software update and most of all fixes for current bugs.Of course he will do it for himself, and we surely appreciate and thank Dirk for sharing this project with us, we have expressed that many times. But once a project is made public, you have to expect that the other builders will need support. And mostly software support.Why should one re-invent the wheel while the software is there but has some small bugs?What I have already suggested to Dirk, and I hope more will do the same, is to release the router software as open source OR simply give the source code as download to anyone who wants to improve it for their own use.That way he can follow his own pace, AND benefit from other's ideas and implementations.Am I wrong?George DorkofikisAthens, Hellashttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.png

I agree with all of you. But in FSBUS (and all the similar projects)there is a difference. Although you have it freeware as a software, you begin to invest money on and we are not talking about 50 or 100 Euros, but maybe 500 or 1000+So when you release that kind of cockpit solution public you say: "I have a system software + hardware to make your homecockpit, that is freeware." So far so good. The software IS FREEWARE but the hadware IS PAYWARE! Until you make the electronics you don't have a chance to test it, if it good, if it has bugs, problems, and so on. This is the point. It's not an addon aircraft, You tested it you like it you fly it, No? Delete.Themis

Themis Katakalos

Athens - LGAV

Guest MajorFibbs

Dear ReadersI reported that with FSBus the COM Frequencies were slightly limited (118.00 - 135.xx). But with the new version of FSBus Router 2.4.3. downloadable at www.fsbus.de this problem is solved and the COM frequencies can now go from 118.00 - 136.xx.Other corrections might follow, looking forward to that. Especially the one where the kHz are jump to zero when tuning the MHz. But I can live with that for the time being.Other improvements in 2.4.3. (as published on www.fsbus.de)1. The maximum number of fsbus objects was incremented from 1024 to 2048.2. Position of decimal point is now software defined, when using the ATMEL based display controllers.3. Special add on for rotaries if controlling transponders. Right turn can increase display by 1 and left turncan increase display by 10. You need to set the Multiply property to: "1,-10" or "100,-1000".4. New checkbox "xpndr(BCD)" for displays. Only digits from 0-7 are displayed.--> Good job Dirk, appreciate it.

> So far so good. The software>IS FREEWARE but the hadware IS PAYWARE! Until you make the>electronics you don't have a chance to test it, if it good, if>it has bugs, problems, and so on. This is the point. >>It's not an addon aircraft, You tested it you like it you fly>it, No? Delete.>>ThemisDear Themis, Dirk is not collecting any money so it is not a PAYWARE in terms what PAYWARE usually means. It seems that you are not satisfied with his input for this community but I am just wondering, what is yours?There is other products available so there is no need to continue with fsbus, since it does not serve you as you want. I hope that you understand one of these days what Dirk has given us.Kind Regards,Joni