Sign in to follow this  
Guest Binkles

Vero Boards Anyone?

Guest Binkles

Has anyone made any of the fsbus system on vero boards?How hard is it to translate the plans to vero board?Just thinking of alternatives with the cost of getting the boards etched at over $150nzd for the key, com and display. (Approx $100usd)Just trying to find a cheaper way - if anyone has done this I would love to hear from you.

Guest Raafie75

Hey Binkles,Just a friendly reminder to sign your posts with your real name.I have done the COM, Key, LED, Servo & Redec boards all from Vero. Its certainly a cheaper alternative but more complicated. Personally I'd rather save money over labour. To make the COM board took me approx 6 hrs to wire and solder.I followed the connection of components by using an enlarged copy of the PCB drawing and highlighted the completed tracks. This was to make sure that I had completed all of the connections and didn't miss anything.I never looked into making my own PCB's and if there that expensive, I'm glad I took the Vero alternative.Check out my website for pictures of my boards.http://www.geocities.com/raafie75/Main.htmlKind Regards,

Hi,No sweat,iv made all of mine on vero/matrix board.You mentioned NZ dollars.Are you in NZ.I am.RgdsLesPress and Peel ia a cheaper alternative that people are using to transferr the pattern to pcb and then etch.Ive tried it.Seems to work ok.If you need any more details just let me know.

Guest mondo

I built all of my boards in one day using the pre-sensitized boards. If you have an inkjet printer and a 100 watt light bulb, a flourescent lamp, or a blackligt fixture, it is very simple and does an amazing job. If you need more info on how to do this, I check this forum at least twice a day. Milt

Guest Binkles

Yup, I live in the pretty tiny city of Christchurch.Veroboard seemed the way for me to go - I don't have a drill yet (stupid I know) but I want to get the basic parts done.I've got a plan of what I want to do first - which is a non-descript radio stack which I can use on any plane. Then next I think it would be an autopilot strip - mainly to be used with the pmdg.Because of the room I have, I am not making replicas - just something to make it a little more realistic.

Guest Binkles

Check :)Inkjet - Check100w Bulb - Can Do - Checkfluro lamp - Check - Fish can do without theirs for a night :)Drill for the holes - uncheck :)Would certainly be keen to learn a bit more - nothing like learning :)

Guest Binkles

Thanks - it was looking at your site that inspired me to look at the vero alternatives.And I'm going to look into the process you've just described as well - hadn't thought of that tack.

Guest mondo

Milt here: The first thing you need to do is get the pcb drawings and all of the related drawings. This can be done by going to: www.mikkila.org/fsbus/doc When there...click on the english version. You will then have a list of the various downloads available. Get them all!!! They will be of great help later. They include all of the parts layouts, parts needed and pcb drawings. After you have all of these let me know and we can continue. Milt

Guest Binkles

I have all of those in a folder in my computer.At this stage I'll just be sourcing it to see the costs involved.I'm doing this on a budget, and to maximise what I can do, I need to find the cheapest ways of doing things :)