Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoRrEkE

Throttle pots problem

Guest PoRrEkE

Ok here's the thing.I did manage to set the lever to go in reverse via fsuipc setting the 3 detents.Now I've changed the system to use slide pots instead of rotating pots. Added a 2 axis controller to the winXP config thing. Than set up those 2 axis to go for engine throttle 1 and engine throttle 2 in fs2002. No problem yet. Now I go to fsuipc and select that I have different throttles per engine. I go to page 3 and there I can set the detents of the throttles.However, I can only set for Throttle 1 (got no button on any other throttle with the "set" text on it).Also the value of the pots is going mad. On full power i get 16159 quite stable. If I go down to reverse all the way i get rapid changing between -16*** something and -14*** something. Also in FS the trottles are changing constantly up&down a bit. Then I don't manage to get reverse anymore.Now, a bit more info and then the questions.I use 100KA pots (that's what is written on em) and I connected those 2 to a Creative soundcard. I have no plug yet so I just pushed the stripped wires gently into the hols.Now, I know this isn't a very good way to do it but I'll go out to shop for such a plug and do it in a proper way later on. However, I do not believe the variation is a result of this connection. I think I get an interference from some other thing.Any suggestions ?

Guest PoRrEkE

Ok, I've removed the long kable between the quad and the plug and the variation is now much less. So it seems i'll need a proper shielded cable for this. However I still can't reach reverse.

Guest PoRrEkE

Haha, sorry for posting this all here, just found the solution.It turns out the option on the first page of the joystick settings of fsuipc must be "off" so that you get separate buttons to "set" the detents. After doing that I can get reverse again.Whoei ! :)

Hi there!Very handy; I ask and answer myself topic!!! :D- About your pots, what size (movement in cm

Guest PoRrEkE

I got a bit more than 5.5 cm movement.And I got them in a local electro shop in Brugge (Belgium).First I tried to find them in Kortrijk (where my dorm is) and where I usually go for electro stuff but he didn't have them. They are sold in packs of 100 and not all electro shops want to invest in them.And on the "ask & answer myself topic" ... i got that sometimes :(I search for a sollution and when I start to feel desperate I ask here. But that doesn't stop me from searching so sometimes I find the answer before someone answers ;)