Sign in to follow this  
Guest nihad

Backlighting

Guest nihad

Hi everyone,I wanted to add some more pictures of my pedestal. At the moment I am giving every panel its own EL backlighting and it looks great.I hope u all like what u see.Nihad

Very well done.U use FDS panels? Elite?Could u make some pics from the backside?regardsNorbert

Guest LGA

Wow, that really looks good. I'm pretty much new to this forum, if you don't mind me asking, what aircraft flightdeck is your project based on?

Guest nihad

Hi Norbert,The panels u r seeing r NOVA panels for now I do own ELITE panels but those r on the MIP and that part of the flightdeck is undergoing major maintenance will update when done I will add one picture to show u the diff. between NOVA and ELITE as with ELITE the lighting due to the thickness of the panel is enclosed better.With the rotaries and switches in place u will not see the backlighting it is between the panels and the backer.The picture u will see added is the backlighting from the rear on the MIP but like I stated before is being upgraded now.The flightdeck I am building is a B747-400.Nihadwww.allush.netSTill not updated !!

Guest High Octane

Nicely done Nihad... keep on going, looking forward for the best result.Off issue here, where did you find that boeing style rudder knob? I have been looking for it for couple of month at everywhere, Still get no luck! Think I could have copy of yours for $$?

Guest shg

hi nihad!looking good! amazing!btw. a question: the transiluminated knobs (line on knob lit up thru panel): are those knobs from FDS as well?thanx and best from viennahans g.

Guest nihad

Thanks and I copied the rudderknob from a real one but do not have a mould at the moment.I can say those knobs will be available soon for sale for those interested.Nihad

Guest nihad

No the knobs u see on the picture are real knobs.

Guest shg

thanx for responding nihad!good luckbest from viennahans g.

Guest High Octane

GREAT!! Please let me know when it's ready for sale...

Guest davatus

Hi Nihad!very interesting method to do the backlighting.Where did you buy the EL?Thanks a lot, and please keep us updated!RegardsDavid Tremoledahttp://www.simcockpits.com

Guest nihad

Hi David,I bought the EL sheets at : http:/Nihad/www.beingseen.com/sheets.htmlI was browsing true your pages and saw u put vinyl behind your panels with this lighting u need to remove that again or it will dimm the lighting way too much.regards,

Guest davatus

Thanks Nihad!the vinyl was for the Nova FDS panels. Now I'm using the new Elite panels from FlightDeck Solutions.Regards,David Tremoledahttp://www.simcockpits.com

Guest rprather

>> Thanks and I copied the rudderknob from a real one but do not>> have a mould at the moment. I can say those knobs will be >> available soon for sale for those interested.Bout time!!! Been enjoying the rudder knob you made for me, for a long time! HIGHLY recommended for others!!Robert

Guest nihad

Thanx Robert glad u like it and the knobs will hopefully be available late may for those interested more info will follow.Nihad