Sign in to follow this  
Guest pwapilot

a program to change keypresses

Guest pwapilot

Hello guys...Is there a program out there that can change a keypress from my keyboard emulator to be another keypress? This would be quite useful for toggles. WHile I'm working on my keyboard emulator, getting a Hagstrom seems better and better :) Anybody recomend it and what's the cheapest one that has capability for 30 or 40 imputs?Thanks in advance...Mike Catalfamo

For what reason would you like to do that? It is easier to redefine the keys in FS to your need.There are for more ways then the standard assignment menu in FS. Read the fs2004ctls.doc how to do this.It is onwww.schiratti.comlook for the dowson pagenorbert

Well, first off, be *very* sure of how many inputs you need - I have a simple Cessna GA pit, and I've run out of available inputs at 74 (10 buttons on my yoke and a Beta Inovations 0x64b)Richard

Use the HAgstrom 24. It has a matrix 12 x 12 so u have 144 buttons. Besides that it is the cheapest in the hagstrom product pallet.Norbert

Guest PoRrEkE

Yap, don't let yourself get fooled by the numbers Hagstrom uses. I fell for this trap :(The matrix card 24 seems the best sollution for us. The 72 has the bigger number but has features we don't need and is more expencive though less keys available.Concerning the program to change keyboard ... maybe you'll find one that switches between azerty and qwerty but that's not what you're looking for. other than that .. what keys would you like the buttons to change to really ... ? there are only this much characters that can be outputted from a keyboard. what you need is key combo's and the thing realy making us happy would be a program which has sets of "assignments" in FS and which can by pressing a key load a new set of assignments. This however would have to be made with a dll plugin into fs and the question would be if this wouldn't make fs crash.It's an interesting idea though quite unpossible I believe.Better stick to hagstrom or FSbus for the better posibilities.

Hi,Did you look at the "FSUIPC for Advanced Users" manual? You need a registered (payware) FSUIPC installation, however.Hm

Guest pwapilot

Thanks the FSUICP manual; may help a lot. I'll look onto the Hagstrom a little bit more.Thanks again for the help...Mike Catalfamo