Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raafie75

How do you use FSBUS Keyboard Commands?

Guest Raafie75

Hi guys,I'm trying to get FSBUS to output a keyboard command so I can operate some of the functions within PMDG's 737.Some help would be appreciated!Kind Regards,

Guest PANTU

Hi Brad,assume you want to generate the letter L, do the following:1. Define in the fsbus router :a.) A Switch and check the boxes at "Up Event" and "Down Event".b.) A Keyboard/Mouse Object. There you have to enter the ControllerID or the ID of the Client on which the event has to take place. 0 (zero) is your host PC, 1-31 any Client PC.c.) Enter in "On Sequence": "K+L" (meaning trigger(K)eyboard Event,(+) meaning Key down and (L) is the Key).d.) enter in Down Sequence: "K-L" (meaning trigger(K)eyboard Event,(-) meaning Key up and (L) is the Key).e.) Enter as destination "Keyboard/Mouse Object".That

Guest PANTU

Hi George,it is basically the same as with a single letter.You have to "cascade" the commands as follows:k+VK_CONTROL;k+VK_ALT;k+1;k-1;k-VK_ALT;k-VK_CONTROLIf you need a delay of let

Guest Raafie75

Thanks Peter and George!Its exactly what I wanted to know. Thank god for you guys out there!Yours Sincerely,

Guest Raafie75

Peter,Do you have to run the Client and Finder at all? I am running my flightsim and FSBUS on the same system and I'm running the latest software.On step (e), I gather you mean the destination for the Switch? If thats the case, I can't seem to find a "Keyboard/Mouse Object"?This is the way I've set it up:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/73451.jpgI also can't get the ID to stay on '0', it always jumps back to 1.Look forward to your reply.Brad.

Guest yoss

Hi guysSame situation here: also can't get the ID to stay on '0', it always jumps back to 1.Would be nice to get some help on this ishue--i hope thats will benot manual fixing the FB file in the new version of FSbus as that was before Tnx in advanceJoseph

@ BradYou run the FSclient only on a client PC. It is able to receive the keypress that you sent by the FSBUS system on the server.FSFinder is to get the codes ask+VK_CONTROL;k-VK_CONTROLJust run it and move your mouse and press keys on the keyboard and you will see.@ YossI notice the same. I can not get the CID of the keyboard/mouse to 0.As far as I understand, it should be 0 as you want to sent the command to the same pc. If you want to sent it to a client you have to use the same CID in the router as in the FSClient on the receiving pc.-------------------------------------------------------------I am experimenting to sent a keyboardcommand to a client. If the NETWORK BROADCAST is 0.0.0.0 then I get a network error 10048.If I put it to 255.255.255.255 (according to the fsdoc , it will then sent to all clients), there is no error anymore, but the client is receiving nothing.I also tried with the IP of the client, still no luck.Any help is appreciated.RegardsNorbert Boschhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/norbert.bosch

Guest mmorrell

I had this problem as well... I set the IP address to that of the machine running FSBUS (which is also running my CDU & MCP) and everything started working.I startedFS ROUTER and then FSCLIENT. After that I could hit a key on my CDU and it would type in Notepad, or whatever.

Guest stevelep

When the ID always return from 0 to 1 it's a bug ...The only way to fix it is to change it manually in the .fsb2 fileExampleOpen your .fb2 file (the file you use with FSBUS)with Wordpad (make a backup copy of the file before)find the line concerning the keyboard object:the 2nd element is the name of the objectthe last is the keys you've entered1,MyKeyCommand,1,16,1,0,0,0,1,K+A;K-A,the parameter to change is the 3th after the name1,MyKeyCommand,1,16,0,0,0,0,1,K+A;K-A,change the 1 to 0 that's the ID, saveThat's all folksBOB