Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rainman

FSBUS smaller displays

Guest Rainman

Hi all.I'm building the DISPLAY section of FSBUS, but I wish to build 2 different displays: 1 with FSBUS default led displays, 1 with smaller led displays.I bought the smaller led displays, but the pins are different than the default led displays: the smaller have the pins on the long side (getting counter clock wise and starting form the left: CC, F, G, E, D, CC, DP, C, B, A).I found some old post about different led displays, but the attacchments are no longer available, so I tried to design my own PCB (using the default FSBUS connection to the controller); but doing so, I will need 19 bridges (to much).Someone can help me (suggestion, links, or other ideas to fix the problem)?ThankyouRainman - Italy

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

I had the same problem when I made my own, in the end I made the tracks very narrow, about .07th of an inch. This allowed me to place 2 tracks between small pads, and so far it has worked satisfactorily. Failing that, I can make a design that only needs 5 bridges. If you want I can post a copy on here for you?

Guest Rainman

>I had the same problem when I made my own, in the end I made>the tracks very narrow, about .07th of an inch. This allowed>me to place 2 tracks between small pads, and so far it has>worked satisfactorily. Failing that, I can make a design that>only needs 5 bridges. If you want I can post a copy on here>for you?Well, if I don't accept your offer I will be very crazy ;-)I just hope to be able to manage a track so tiny.If you like, you can post your scheme to this e-mail:uncino25 AT hotmail.comCan you make a PostScript file? Normally I use Corel Draw to make my PCB, and using the PostScript file Corel Draw can import the file keeping the right dimension.Thanks, I'll let you know the newsRainman

Guest mondo

I use Eagle 4.11 for designing circuit boards. It is a free download and is limited in the size of the board you can make. I believe it is about 3" x 4". Here is what I have done so far. It utilizes 8mm displays and is a lot smaller than the fsbus. I just realized that the attachment will not work with this file. I can make a scan and send it if you would like to look.

Guest mondo

Sorry abot the last post, I was hurried. The programcan be downloaded from www.cadsoftusa.com It can handle traces down to .001 I have done several boards using this software and it is very good, and its FREE!! Milt

Guest Rainman

> I use Eagle 4.11 for designing circuit boards. It is a>free download and is limited in the size of the board you can>make. I believe it is about 3" x 4". Here is what I have>done so far. It utilizes 8mm displays and is a lot smaller>than the fsbus. I just realized that the attachment will not>work with this file. I can make a scan and send it if you>would like to look. Well, I'm going to download Eagle software.Maybe I will find it very usefull.By the way, if you'll send me your pcb project, I will try to adapt it to my displays (if I'm not wrong, they are a little bigger than your- now I'm in office, I can't look).The address is the same of some post ago (uncino25@hotmail.com) ThankyouRainman

Guest Rainman

After the Eagle CAD download, now I'm tring to design my own PCB for 8 mm display.Reading the FSBUS documentation, I see that the various dot pitch pins are without track, but if I open the .PS file about the display, I can see that those dot pitch pins are connected.I'm using the autoroute function of the Eagle CAD, but I can reach the 100%, so I'm thinking to delete some dot pitch track. In fact, I need (I think) only the dot on the 3rd number; this way, the autoroute don't need to calculate the tracks for all the dot, but just for the 3rd dot.Is that wrong? Or I need all the dot pitches? Obviously, I use a single layer PCB.Normally, I think that using some bridge, the problem will be fix, but in the Eagle CAD I don't know how to set the program to use the bridges.......

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Hmm...... Never tried that program myself, but I did end up designing a nice easy setup for my 0.3" displays :(It uses a total of 6 bridges, that is if you call a single strand of wire that goes into several holes a single bridge! Unfortunately the decimal point will have to be manually soldered with a bit of wire, as I kinda figured that a lot of my displays won't need it.There are 2 versions, one for plug and socket type cable connectors as per the originals, and the other for pcb mounted cable connectors (ie the block is soldered to the pcb and the wire is clamped to that directly).So if you want the tracks for 0.3" vertical pin displays, lemme know :)

Guest Rainman

Hi Ceawlin>So if you want the tracks for 0.3" vertical pin displays,>lemme know :)Off course, I'm very interesting of your tracks (I'm getting crazy: 3 days and no good results with Eagle CAD).So, if you like to send me your tracks, you can do it sending to this e-mail: uncino25@hotmail.comI'll take a look, then I'll let you know some news.bye