Sign in to follow this  
Guest cesurkanat

A sample "pictorial" for fsbus keypress command.

Guest cesurkanat

Hello friends,I am posting a few screenshots below to show how to change standart altimeter setting emulating keypress B.Enjoy.Best regards.Remzi

Hi RemziThank you for your post, very instructive. I never could get the CID for keypress to 0, it always was back to 1 when I returned to that item. So changing the fb2 file did it.I exactly duplicated the things you did in your post.I do not have the fsbus hardware yet, so I use the virtual knobs in the menu of fsbusrouter.I can use the rotary. In fs the pressure is changing when I press it. The STD reset switch does not work. In fs the alt is just NOT reset to standard atmosferic pressure.If you see the pic, the sw recognizes the b , because if the focus is somewhere on the fsrouter window, touching the knob in the menu produces bbbbbbbb. But it just is not going to fs (even when the focus is NOT with fsrouter ofcourse).I did also experiments to send keypres to client pc's (with cid for keypress 1 and fsclient running on the client with cid 1 also), but this also did not work. I changed the network broadcast to 255.255.255.255 This should send to every client according to the docs. So the problem I have that I can not send keypresses to the server nor to clients.Any help is appreciated.Norbert Boschhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/74241.jpg

Guest cesurkanat

Hi Norbert,Since this is a keyboard event you cannot send comand to Flightsim while you are in FsBus ruter window. However keypress command has already proved itself perfectly working such a way that displaying thoose bbbbb's in the picture.On the other hand I ran my sim+fsbus in single computer and everything works perfectly. I hope you will probably get the same result when you get an "appropriately made" fsbus hardware connected.I know I havent been helpfull as you expected but hardware does much more than "virtual testing software" itself.Happy landings.Remzi

Hi RemziYour answer has been very helpful, thanks.So if I understand right, things will work when I connect the hardware to the fsbus pc?Everything I experimented till now with the virtual buttons on the fsrouter worked and did in FS what it was supposed to do. Only keypress did not work. Not on the server and not via the network. I will restart experimenting on keypresses after the hardware is ready.Thanks againNorbert Bosch

Guest altack

Hi Guys,Unfortunatly the pictures above are gone ???is there a way to have them back ?Thank you in advance,altack

Guest Robid

I am using the FSbus system and have one question regarding key presses.I have a flaps switch which uses a momentary microswitch for up flaps and another one for down flaps.When I used this switch with a hacked joystick, I assigned the up switch to F6 and the down switch to F7.I don't seem to be able to do this in FSbus Router and only get full flaps up or full flaps down.Does anyone know how to either make the flaps move incrementally or to assign the up and down switch to F6 and F7 respectively through the Router.Since everyone in this thread was talking about keypresses in FSBus I thought someone may be able to help.Thanks David

Only set "up event" - since it is a momentary button. Am I right in assuming this is a (on)-off-(on) -toggle switch that returns to the middle position?Also, to define the button to be "F7" you add a new fsbus key object, call it "Key_F7" for example and set the "up" key sequence to K+VK_F7;d50;K-VK_F7 Add another key object Key_F6 and set the sequence the same but with F6 instead of F7.You can try this by replacing K+VK_F7 with "K+A" for example and testing it on Notepad. Just beware that if your text input focus is in the key sequence, do not flip the switch - it will input there too.Then bind Key_F6 to the "flaps up" switch and it should work.If not, tell us how it borks, someone should know.//Tuomas

Guest Robid

Thanks Tuomas,No, it's not a on-off-on toggle.I have made the switch up myself. When you push the lever up, it presses one microswitch and when you press it down, it presses another microswitch.David

>Thanks Tuomas,>>No, it's not a on-off-on toggle.>>I have made the switch up myself. When you push the lever up,>it presses one microswitch and when you press it down, it>presses another microswitch.>>DavidYea, thats what I meant. So it just momentarily presses the switch up and then returns to center. So it should work like I described when wired as two separate switches to the KEY card.//Tuomas

Guest altack

Hi all,speaking of switches, if I connect a Knitter switch (i.e. a rotary kind) how can I emulate a keypress for a "1" value and an other one for a "-1" value ? do I have to use the CCC ? TIA,altack

Guest yoss

HiI would like to know that alsow--if somebody did that with the Fsbus2.xx version and how?Hoewer thats was possible with the 1.3 ver Hopefully we will have some advices here as this function realy neededTnx

Guest Robid

Hi Tuomas,Have tried what you have suggested but I'm not very clear on what your are suggesting.>Also, to define the button to be "F7" you add a new fsbus key object, call it "Key_F7" for example and set the "up" key sequence to K+VK_F7;d50;K-VK_F7 Do I make a new Key object in the router or CCC?I don't have the option of making 'up event' in router with keyboard/mouse object.>Then bind Key_F6 to the "flaps up" switch and it should work.How do I bind switch to F7 and F6?If you could give me step by step it would be greatly appreciated.DavidPS When explaining, please don't assume prior knowledge as this may only lead to more question. Thanks

>Hi Tuomas,>>Have tried what you have suggested but I'm not very clear on>what your are suggesting.>>>Also, to define the button to be "F7" you add a new fsbus key>object, call it "Key_F7" for example and set the "up" key>sequence to K+VK_F7;d50;K-VK_F7 >>Do I make a new Key object in the router or CCC?You can right click on the left side of the router where you have the list of objects. There are different ones to choose from. I do not have fsbus here right now, but I am trying to remember :)It is called Key/Mouse if I remember correctly.>I don't have the option of making 'up event' in router with>keyboard/mouse object.Hrm. Does anyone else remember right now? I am in the middle of moving around stuff on the office room and thus unable to have a look at the windows machine how it is :-/>>Then bind Key_F6 to the "flaps up" switch and it should>work.>>How do I bind switch to F7 and F6?On the switch, there is the "destinations" part - right click on the white area and choose "Add FSBUS object" or something like that - then pick the key sequence you created (the Key/Mouse object) - and then when the switch is pressed the key is generated. Remember to not use Alt-F4 or Ctrl-Alt-Del as your key sequence :) And also, when testing, be careful on where the text is output, notepad is great for testing, since these will be just windows keyboard events, if you have your masters thesis in the works on MS Word, it is not a good idea to have FSBUS running and to let your son play with the cockpit switches while you are writing :)>If you could give me step by step it would be greatly>appreciated.I am trying, but it is a bit hard now without the software at hand. But basically the idea is that you define the objects for your *switches* on the left side of the router. Then, you either *connect* them to FS events (right click "connections") or to other FSBUS objects that can take input. In your case the key/mouse event.Then of course, if you generate a key event it needs to already do something in FS - either as a standard key shortcut or via FSUIPC. You do have FSUIPC installed, right? I think fsbus now works with the free one, but I am not exactly sure. With the registered version there are a lot of good things for the cockpit builder anyway though.//Tuomas

Guest Robid

Thanks Tuomas,I will try again and see what happens.Yes I do have FSUIPC installed. FSBus is registered for use with the new payware version of FSUIPC (the use is free when using fsbus).Will let you know how I go tomorrow.One more question, when you select FSBus or FS destination, there are two choices for flaps they are: Flaps or Flaps(+) Do you know what the difference is?RegardsDavid

Guest Robid

Tuomas,Have tried your suggestions to no avail.With the Key object, there is no section for destination.You only have: Current Value, CID, Active, Invert, On Sequence, Off Sequence.Any other suggestions?Also, why in the flaps section of FSBus Router (lefthand side) there are different stages for flaps ie: F0, F1 etc through to F40Can each of these be assigned to the same switch or do they each have to be assigned to different switches? If so, this makes the flaps setup a little complicated.Thanks againDavidPS I might also try a general post in the forum and see what other information I can find.