Sign in to follow this  
Guest allistah

Why is Project Magenta so expensive?

>Overall, PM software is VERY functional and support is very>good. They don't offer refunds for 1 simple reason...they>can't stop you from continuing to use it after you receive>your money back. They also can't stop you from sharing it>either!I agree for the support. The support is not "Very Good" but _Excellent_. The mailing list is quick and active. The answers are very fast. Sometimes got answers there from Enrico in less than 2 hours. Even if you're not a PM customer (let's say you ask something regarding the Demos versions).If you request a new feature, they sometimes hardcode it within next 24/48 hours, which is a state-of-the-art response time.

Guest allistah

Do you have a url for your freeware stuff? Do you have anything for the 737?

Richard,No, I haven't - since I already have the PM one 8^) . But, FWIW I would be wanting an OpenGL client, that has very high-quality gauge faces with anti-aliasing and very smooth operation. It would have the ability to switch between HSI and VOR nav gauges.Also - and this is admittedly a niche thing - I'd like to have a helicopter panel option, with the dual engine/rotor RPM gauge and either a torque or manifold pressure gauge.Maybe my requirements are why I coughed up the bucks for the PM panel, although it does not yet have the helicopter capability.cheers,Dave Blevinshttp://www.flightfactory-simulations.com/h...ster_banner.jpg

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Don't think mine would suit you then, Dave - I deliberately avoided OpenGL so as to enable it to be run on less potent hardware. I have an old Pentium 133 laptop.I considered doing a chopper panel as a next project, but even after asking on the Hovercontrol forum there was very little interest expressed so I dropped that idea.Richard

Sorry, nothing for the 737 - wasn't going to try to compete with the Open cocpits guys :-)All I've done is my GA panel and a turboprop Eicas. They're both in the library here - fspanel and fseicas.I actually just noticed that the library has the current one as Version 2, it's really not, it's a v1.1 - just a bugfix of v1.0Richard