Sign in to follow this  
FS4

Idea to speed up flight sim

Guest Dodiano

Gracias Pedro! Trying my best to get the Sim as realistic as possible waiting for PIC 767 V2 and will try to use a similar approach as yours!! Keep the good work up man, ask Robert Prathe at www.simspares.com he has some CRJ panels there maybe he can cut you a good deal!! Tell him I sent you... Keep us updated man, my email in case you need something viro_online@hotmail.comTake care.Roberto

Guest bowingic

Hi PedroThanks for the pictures....looks great! Can you advise what frame rates you are achieving with this set up?.....assume you are using FS2004?CheersIan

Guest jpcxcf

OK, here's some numbers:Windows 2000Asus A7V600-XAMD XP2600 (1917Mhz)512Mb RAM 400MHzMatrox ParheliaMatrox G200MMSKLAX 07L Default Cessna 182Virtual CockpitNo WeatherNo AIFull Sliders 26FPSMAX Buidings and Autogen 17FPSIn the air FPS is above 25 most of the time.When the second videocard has some panels the Fps drop is about 3 to 5.Best regards,Pedro

Guest Dodiano

With Feel There CRJ what is the frame rate?? Have you tried the CRJ gauges and not the REALITY XP??Thanks.Roberto

Guest jpcxcf

Yes I've tried , in fact is what I'm using.I used the Cessca because everyone has it .I'll post the results with the FeelThere CRJ with and without the gauges undocked to the G2900mms.Best regards, Pedro

Guest jpcxcf

Hi,Here's the results:Same settings as aboveNO BuildingsNo AutogenNo panels un dockedFPS: 22Panels Undocked (PFD, ND, Eicas1, Eicas2) - 2 monitors FPS: 14MAX Buildings and AutogenNo panelsFPS: 14With panels undockedFPS: 10Best regards,Pedro

Guest Erups

A simple idea, you need 2 PCs.On one, you install no scenery addons, use lowest possible graphic settings and launch FS.The most powerful of the two, you launch FS with wideview, and use this one for main visual, with settings to full detail.This should give some boost.

Guest captain777

If you are running FS on a Pentium 4 with HTT (Hyper Threading Technology), you can dedicate one 'thread' of the CPU to FS and run the rest of the processes on the other 'thread'. HTT essentially simulates multiple (2) CPUs in one Physical CPU.HTT allows allocation of specific processes to a defined 'CPU' and so you can have the CPU focused on FS with 50% or greater of its power and let the rest of the processes (Operating system, etc) share the remainder.I believe the allocation commands are available under XP and Win 2000.The effects are supposed to be rather amazing.

Guest Dodiano

You using only one computer right?? Have you tried WideFs ??Roberto

Guest Dodiano

OOps sorry yeah someone suggested it already below sorry :) Roberto

Guest jpcxcf

For this I don't need Widefs (although i have a copy) the panels aren't standalone exes like PM.For this to work with another pc I would need wideview and display the panels with fs running on the other pc .Regards,Pedro

Guest Dodiano

Yeah sorry I meant Wideview, any luck with it to smooth Frame rates??Roberto

Guest airborne1

I have a similar set up to pedro. I have parhelia running 3 screens for outside view.I have 2X radeon PCI cards running 2 screens to display pfd, nd,on one screen and the eicas and fmc on the other.I also have a vga splitter cable which replicates the pfd, and nd on the FO's side.I also have cpflights excellent mcp and efis.Keith Sandford

Guest captain777

You have this all on ONE PC? Wow! What are the specs...and how smooth is the performance? One more question - what software are you using for PFD/ND/EICAS/FMC?Sounds very efficient!

Guest Dodiano

Yeah please throw us some performance specs man!! Roberto