Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boykeb

Analogue gauges

Guest Boykeb

Good day everybody,I am totally new at this forum.It's great that there are places like these to discuss all kinds of important things. I should have sign in earlier.My question is how I have to interface my own instruments with the FS computer. I will use FSBUS to interface all the normal and the CCC functions. I know I can buy complete instruments of the simkits group, but I will buy a complete package of all the instruments and the panels of the mighty Boeing 742 very soon. Because all the engine indications are shown by the round analogue gauges I need to interface them. I hope there are some people around here that has interfaced there own instruments. The advantage I have on my instruments is that the whole package is coming from an old FFS from Air France, so all teh instruments were driven by servos.I can't wait to receive some tips and maybe some help.Regards,Boy Bruin

Guest MikePowell

Welcome, Boy.Your collection of simulator instruments is sure to generate a great deal of envy and admiration. The approach used in interfacing the instruments will depend on how they are servoed. Do you have schematics of the instruments?There is some general information on interfacing self-made instruments on my site that may be of interest.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest frenchmaverick

Hello Boy,I am interrested in your panels : where did you get them ? I live in France, what about you ? I know a few 747 that are out of service but unfortunately I am not allowed to take some pieces from them... Send us some photos if possible.

Guest Dodiano

Boy,We will love to see pics man!! That sounds amazing!!Roberto

Guest Boykeb

Hello,I will post some pics later this day. And these are panels and instruments from an old simulator.Regards,Boy Bruin

Guest Boykeb

Good day,Some pics of the panels, instruments and the pedestal are attached.Regards,Boy Bruin

Guest Dodiano

Really Lucky man!! Congratulations!!Roberto

Guest Alkit

Hello Boy,Is the throttle quadrant in the picture taken out from a simulator? It looks no different to the real thing! Did you take this throttle unit? Good luck for your 747 cockpit! Cant wait to see!! The dik dik dik sound from the round engine gauges is very cool!!!Alkit

Guest Boykeb

Hello,All the parts are from a simulator, even the pedestal. That's why it is a Full Flight simulator, it replicates every inch of a real aicraft.I do not have them at my place yet. I have to arrange some things with the company who's selling these parts. I expect them to at my place, at the end of May. When I receive them I will make PCBs for every panel and start interfacing them. I will place some pics when I receive the goods.Regards,Boy Bruin

Boy:"I expect them to at my place, at the end of May."We hates him forever. :-)On a serious note, those are great... can't wait to see how they all come together with the sim.Richard

Guest SHORT360

Hi BoyWhere are you based if I may ask ??CheersRoger

Guest Boykeb

Hi Roger,I live in Holland about 50 miles from Amsterdam.Reagrds,Boy Bruin