Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alkit

SURVEY: Sim Builder

Good idea AlkitI am building a B777,4 pc's, project magenta, parts partly selfmade, partly from FDS, partly from realaircraft. Interfac

Guest stevelep

Hi Steve "BOB" from SwitzerlandStarting last year to plan and build a generic bi-turboprops (like Kingair)2 car seats, close boxprojector headview, 2 monitors for sideviews3 PC'soverhead panelSimkit's gaugeLCD screen for fadec and GPSFSBUS and IOCARD (to test both).Redecwood structure 180x170cm teppish and synthetic cover glued on the wood."finished" (never finished but usable) in autumnBOB

Guest cesurkanat

Building B737-700-800NG Glass cockpit series, Single PC defoult aircarft or freware FFX series for now.Already done:MCP,EFIS,COM,NAV, ADF, XPONDER,Planned next: FMC,throttle quadrant with stepper, and Overhead panel.Dreamed: Motion platform.Remzi OzturkIstanbul -Turkey

Great idea, Alkit!I'm currently about 1 year into an estimated 5 year project to construct a full-size Bombardier (Canadair) CRJ-200 sim, complete with a 225-degree projected external view. I'm still doing a lot of my design in CAD, since the sim must be modular and able to be disassembled for moving. I want to make very sure that all parts and modules fit and work well together, therefore requiring design in full prior to beginning construction. I have already purchased all of the electronics (switches, lcd panels, lighting, etc - over $5,000 (US) invested so far) and have many other cockpit accessories (overhead and panel gaspers, etc.) in stock as well. Most likely to be connected through FSBUS, Hagstrom Encoders, FSUIPC, although I still haven't ruled out EPIC USB (the EPL programming is not a problem for me.)I expect that the entire project will cost around $18,000 to $20,000 (US). This cost does not include the cost of setting up a capable workshop, complete with PC-Based CNC Milling, and Roland PC Engraver.Lots of PC's and Projectors required here! (You've seen a conceptual plan of my intended projection enclosure on this forum).Once I begin actual construction, and have a full plan set, I will create a web site to share this information with other builders, and provide updates on my progress.I've noticed that there aren't too many CRJ projects out there - maybe the curved windshield scares builders away!Gerald ByrneOcoee, Florida USA

Guest PoRrEkE

ok i think i read enough of this topic.could someone make it VERY easy on everyone and put a page online with a form on top and in the botom a table with all the info ?like you fill out all the form, then you push submit and your info is added to the table below.then give us this link ? would be realy cool !i know how to make a form but my "submit" would send an e-mail so the table would have to be updated manually ... I guess someone around here should be able to do it the "forum"-waythis would be a very handy overview then and a real database ;)

Guest PoRrEkE

Perhaps also a good idea is for everyone to add a picture url from a picture on your own webspace which you keep in a separate folder with a name which is obvious. in this way you won't accidently throw away this one from you webspace and you can update it as often as you want. this way the table with picture will show us the current status of every project out there!if I knew how to do this I would be on my way to do it right now. only I think you need php or something for this which I haven't learned in school yet so ... hoping that someone else can accomodate us here :)if you guys are happy with the e-mail form, I can do it no problem only updates won't be instant that way. but if no one raises his hand to do this instant adding page .. let me know, I'll c what i can do.

Guest PoRrEkE

ow, sorry for 3 posts in a row, but pinning this topic is not a good idea cuz soon it will fill the entire first page of the forum and new posts won't be visible.so better to have this form page and have a pinned, but closed topic with only the URL at the top here ... good idea ?

Guest Alkit

Alkit Chan, Boeing 747-200, Hong Kong (www.alkit747.com)Arthur Prather Boeing 767-400ER, TX USAGeorge Dorkofikis, Boeing 737NG, Athens, GreeceGerald Byrne, Bombardier CRJ 200, Ocoee, FL USAGlenn Weston, Generic Fighter, Sydney/Australia (www.simhardware.co.nz/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33)Matt Olieman, Airbus A340, Decatur, IL, USA (www.A340project.us)Norbert, Boeing 777, unknown (http://home.wanadoo.nl/norbert.bosch)Philippe Vanagt, Fokker 50, Belgium (www.fokker50.be.tf)Ray Sotkiewicz, Boeing 777, unknown (www.avsim.com/bluesideup)Remzi Ozturk, Boeing 737NG, Istanbul/TurkeyRicardo Flores, Boeing 757-200 Bronx, NY (www.geocities.com/prob757)Roberto Soriano, Boeing 767-300ER, SAN SALVADOR EL SALVADOR (www.geocities.com/dodiano)Roger Wielgus, Dash 8-100 ATR 42/72, Strasbourg/FranceSteve, Generic Prop 2, SwitzerlandThomas K., Boeing 777, Maryland USA (www.777project.com)Updated ZULU 0340 06 MAY 2004

Guest Alkit

Hello Philippe,Your suggestion is very good. I will review it after finish this basic survey. I understand what you mean totally.When we finish this builder list, we will have more to do. Your comment and Matt Olieman suggestion would be excellent for the next step.A standardized picture idea already in my mind. At this very moment, let's keep it the most simple first.For the pin page, this is just an idea. The best would be a specific page attach with this forum webpage but out of the topic. May be a "Builder list"Appreicate your suggestion!!!!Alkit

Guest VeeOne

Michael Leavy, 737BBJ, LongIsland/NY www.737BBJ2sim.comFDS Elite Panels, Real (Yokes/Columns, Throttle quadrant, steering tiller, various trim.. more to come.) Project Magenta displays. EPIC controlled. 4 computers for now.

I can do an online database like that in no time. Let me have a day or so and I'll post a link to a Beta version.Richard

Guest Alkit

LOVE to hear that!the format from Mr. Matt Olieman is very good indeed, you may take it as reference or think of even better format.Flight Sim SoftwareNumber of computers (or display)Panels and Shell (Homebuilt or Real Aircraft panels)When started?Completed / Ongoing?Estimate finish year?One or two representative photoWe look forward to your beta!Alkit

Guest Alkit

Hello Michael,Please build the cabin as well!!! I wont book a hotel when I go to Long Island next time.By the way, I have a promotional CD of the BBJ. If you want, I can zip it to you.Alkit

Guest mihi4

Greetings!Michi Hirczy, Graz, Austria :)Have been planning building an F-16 C Simulator for about 5 years now, latest updates can be found here:http://viperpit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29&start=95I will update my homepage - http://www.f16simulator.net - soon with the latest progress reports.Actually most of the shell has been finished, but the glareshields are still missing. Since I managed to transport the simulator to my flat at last, now electronics are in the works...greetingsmichi