Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alkit

Panel letter pen?

Guest Alkit

Hello everyone,I want to repaint the letter on some of my overhead panel. They are white in color originally, now wear badly after years of non-air conditioned storage.What kind of pen shall I use for the lettering? I am afraid the normal (typical) white pen color would cover the illumination effect.Please suggest what kind of pen and material shall I use for panel lettering. thanks!Alkit

Guest MattOlieman

Alkit, I can't tell you if this is the best, but it's the best that I can find, at this time. Although these products are translucent to some extent, but it is not the intent of the manufacturer, at least I think so:) Also I didn't buy the white, so I don't know how their white pens work. Anyway, this will give you some direction.ZIG Memory System (yes that is the name of the pens)Millennium.45mmDistributed by EK Success Ltd.Made in Japan by Kuretake Co., LtdPRISMACOLORDouble - Ended Art MarkersSanford Corp., USAwww.sanfordcorp.comIf you decide to get these, please test first.

Guest Alkit

Thanks Matt for the advice! I will look for it in the stationary shop this weekend.Moreover, what is this feature called???Alkit

Guest MattOlieman

If I understand your question correctly; The description for the Prismacolor is "Double ended markers are great for architectural, fashion and color layouts", the ZIG is " Pigment Ink, Photo Safe, Acid Free, Archival Quality, Lightfast, Waterproof, Fade Proof, Non-bleeding." That's all I can tell you about them.I've tried several kinds, these are the best that show light through them. Although I would prefer something that would be more translucent.Actually I was hoping to see some responses of something I have not tried.Hope this helps.